PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Cruises

jenperich
04-30-2016, 10:25 PM
We are taking a family trip in November and my brother will be turning 30 shortly before we go. We'd like to plan something fun for his birthday and we were thinking of a fireworks cruise. I have a couple of questions:
1. Are they worth the money?
2. I realize only soft drinks and bagged snacks are included. Are you able to bring any alcohol?

TIA for any help!

faline
05-01-2016, 10:02 AM
It's been a while since we've done it. Disney did offer the option of adding on beer to the package as I recall but it was very pricey. As I recall, the boat captains are not supposed to allow folks to bring alcohol on board. It was fun and I was glad we did it once (My daughter and son-in-law were with us on that trip) but it's not something I would rush to repeat - particularly at the prices charged.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
05-01-2016, 11:19 AM
I'm doing the Wishes dessert cruise later this month and it includes the dessert and alcohol on-board! I've heard it's pretty great but this'll be my first time doing it. There's only 150 people on each boat, and you get to see the water parade too.

epceddie
05-03-2016, 02:04 PM
You could always check out the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise from the Contemporary. There's a reception with drinks and snacks beforehand and you can take photos with Captain Hook. I don't think they let you bring anything on the boat though. It's about $50-$60 a person. It's a blast. We've done it three times.