PDA

View Full Version : Cafe going into French Quarter

JoDisney
04-30-2016, 06:34 PM
The operator at French Quarter today told me that a Cafe is going into food court area. The food court will be closed during this construction. She said only a grab and go will be offer in this area until the construction is completed. She was thinking construction would start the first week of June 2016. I explained I was going to French Quarter on May 2nd for the week. I asked if she was sure the food court would still be up and running in its entirely that week. She was hesitant and not very assuring and said "it should be." I was not very convinced. Now I'm concerned. Anyone have any information on this? Thanks.

Genie1953
04-30-2016, 08:49 PM
I will be interested in this too.

Figment!
04-30-2016, 09:05 PM
There is no closure listed yet on the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory operational schedule during or around that time period; hours are listed 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM daily. :shrug:

Perhaps there is confusion over plans to "seasonally" re-open Scat Cat's Cafe (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?211243) again due to expected crowds, but this offering did not previously affect the operation of Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory ...

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-30-2016, 10:10 PM
I think that is exactly what it is! I've heard rumors that they are going to do some more work in the old Bonfamille's Café/Scat Cat's Café, location and open it during the free dining period this fall.

I don't think there are a lot of details yet, but I can't see it having a huge impact on the food court, at least it didn't before when they did some work on it.

Figment!
06-14-2016, 10:45 PM
A Rumour has started to circulate that the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory food court will be closed for refurbishment July 11 - Fall 2016. It is rumoured that Scat Cat's Cafe (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?211243) will re-open during the refurbishment offering select Guest favorites like po-boy sandwiches, jambalaya, gumbo, and beignets.

There is no confirmation yet on the official operational schedule or a public announcement.

Figment!
06-15-2016, 11:31 PM
E-mails to Guests with stays Mid Summer through Late October appear to confirm the above refurbishment period.

There has yet to be a public announcement or update to the public operational schedule.

mechanic
06-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Received this
Thank you for choosing Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter as your vacation destination! We eagerly await your arrival and look forward to sharing our hospitality with you.

Here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we believe that in order to continue delivering the best Guest experience, we must renew and refresh our offerings at every opportunity. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we want to make you aware that Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court will be closed for enhancement and unavailable during your visit.

Rest assured, while we are working our magic, there will be plenty of dining options available to you:

An alternative dining experience will be available adjacent to the Lobby. This location will proudly serve Guest favorites such as jambalaya, gumbo, po-boy sandwiches, other hot and cold entrées and our famous beignets. In addition, there will also be a selection of grab 'n' go meals available for purchase.

Bus transportation will be provided from 7:00am to 12:00am to our neighboring Resort, Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, where you can dine at Riverside Mill Food Court or stop in for dinner at Boatwright's Dining Hall from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.

Our in-room pizza delivery service will continue to be available from 4:00pm to 12:00am daily. The menu includes pizza, hot and cold sandwiches and pasta which you can order by pressing "Dining Options" on your in-room phone.

mechanic
06-16-2016, 04:37 PM
My travel dates are july 5 through 13