PDA

View Full Version : Staying at numerous resorts throughout trip?

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-30-2016, 11:56 AM
I've planned my longest WDW trip to date for November 7-15th this year. :mickey: I'm SO excited! It'll be an adults-only trip. Here's what I decided on:

2 nights at Wilderness Lodge
4 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter
2 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge: Jambo House (Studio)

For those of you have split your stay, did you let Disney transfer your bags between resorts? Did you have any issues with that? Did you feel like switching took a lot time away from the parks, or was it seamless and easy? Any other tips? Thank you!

TheHD
04-30-2016, 12:37 PM
We have done this on our past two visits. It's not difficult at all. Just hand your luggage to the bell hops and tell them your new resort destination. I've handed them a tip (about $5) at both drop-off and pickup. Pickup at the bell hop stand at your new resort. Allow about 3-4 hours. Very seamless; drop-off when you check-out and pickup your bags at your convenience when you check-in. Not much wasted time at all, if any.

Strmchsr
04-30-2016, 01:32 PM
Agreed. Switching between resorts is super simple. The most difficult/irritating thing is simply having to pack and unpack your suitcase. But in terms of the actual swap Disney makes it very smooth.

Fangorn
04-30-2016, 02:26 PM
We've done this as well, and it is really simple. We did get a tip from the guys at Bell Services that make it even easier (if that's possible). 24 hours or so before your planned departure from one resort, call Bell Services and *schedule* the time you want them to come get your luggage. Those requests will be honored first. If you wait until 9am to call and ask them to come get your stuff, you could be waiting an hour or two for them to get to you. When we've scheduled the pick-up, they have always been at our door a few minutes before the scheduled time.

Steve

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the tips! Glad to know it's an easy process!

Crow
04-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Ive done this the past..idk how many trip but a lot. both to experience the diff places and save money. i take luggage to bell services and head to the parks for the day. never had a problem. ive stayed at 2 or 3 diff places on the trips and done it. its a good way to go

2Epcot
05-01-2016, 12:17 PM
I have also done this for most of my trips to WDW. It never been difficult or taken too much time. I like being able to experience as many resorts as possible.

jnfr2424
05-04-2016, 10:47 AM
the first time we did it as a family was for my mother's birthday - that was 10 years ago and we haven't stopped yet! Just like PP stated its pretty easy worst part is packing and unpacking we usually just take out what is needed and keep going. Have a great trip!

LandFan
05-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Yes - it's pretty easy - even between the swan and dolphin and Disney resorts!

Priority Four
05-16-2016, 04:51 PM
A big plus for us is that the reservations are separate so you can have different dining plan options. We would typically do a regular dining plan on one and and a quick service plan on the other.

madhatterrules
05-24-2016, 12:18 PM
The only issue that we had was with the dining plan, the allotments are split by days at each resort not added together in a lump sum of total nights on property.

disney daddy
07-12-2016, 11:41 AM
I've never done it. Sounds like too much to worry about. You're on vacation. Relax and enjoy. I hope it works out for you without a hitch. If I did it, I would try it with two resorts at most. Three is ambitious. By the time you get comfortable (2 days) at resort #1, you'll be packing that night and moving the next day. Sorry to be Johnny Raincloud, but it seems like it would be painful, when painful isn't required (IMHO). Have a great time no matter what you decide to do.

sainter
07-13-2016, 02:58 PM
I am certain the vast majority of switches are easy peasy, as many posts prove. But our luggage got "lost" between resorts the time we let Disney move it. We spent several hours on the phone and waiting, basically losing almost a day of fun time. Now we just take a cab to our next destination and take our bags with us.