PDA

View Full Version : Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter Opens New Water Playground

Figment!
04-30-2016, 09:56 AM
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter announced the opening of a new water playground on April 8, 2016.

Here's the details from the opening announcement:

Decked out in the bold hues of Mardi Gras gold, purple and green, this new aquatic play area lets guests 48 inches and under enjoy water slides that are just their size, play with fun water cannons, and splish-splash among fountains.

The new area is located next to the whimsical Doubloon Lagoon pool, so you and your little ones can easily go back and forth between these two water-filled spots while staying at this resort.

Here's an official publicity picture of the new area:

mandaep
04-30-2016, 03:21 PM
We just returned 4/21-4/28 and the splash area was open and closed off and on due to issues. My son liked it but it was pretty overwhelming for my daughter, she slipped really easily and hit her head on the ground and she wasn't even running (4 years old) :/. I noticed a couple of other kids slipping pretty easily. I would recommend possibly some swimming shoes for this area. I think it is a fun little area but I wish they still had a small laid back pool for smaller kids who don't want ten gallons of water being dumped on their heads. I noticed they splash pools like this open at other resorts like Grand Floridian.