PDA

View Full Version : Tampa transportation

i'm grumpy
04-29-2016, 10:11 AM
It would be faster, cheaper and a closer airport to fly to Tampa. But we have never been there and do not know what the transport options are. Car rental would be almost $400. Thanks.

faline
04-29-2016, 11:19 AM
About your only choices from Tampa will be to rent or car or hire a car transport service. I'm not sure what the shuttle services are charging from Tampa - you may need to look at a few service companies to find what might work for you.

i'm grumpy
04-29-2016, 12:20 PM
Thanks. We’d rather not rent a car. But the direct flight and closer airport would be so much easier.

ThanxForNoticin
04-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Would you also fly home from Tampa on the backend of your trip? Or do you just need transportation to Disney upon your arrival?

One rental car option to check is grabbing a car at TPA, driving to Disney, and dropping the car off at Disney within the first day. You'd like save a lot of money with that approach. We've flown into TPA and driven over a number of times - but we always get a rental car. But I understand how the flight into Tampa has its advantages sometimes.

i'm grumpy
04-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Would you also fly home from Tampa on the backend of your trip? Or do you just need transportation to Disney upon your arrival?

One rental car option to check is grabbing a car at TPA, driving to Disney, and dropping the car off at Disney within the first day. You'd like save a lot of money with that approach. We've flown into TPA and driven over a number of times - but we always get a rental car. But I understand how the flight into Tampa has its advantages sometimes.

Yes, the plan was to fly home from Tampa. But it's a 7 am return, so probably no way to get back to Tampa at that time of the morning.

Speedy1998
04-29-2016, 01:49 PM
I did this a couple of years back. We flew into Tampa, got a one-day, one-way rental that I dropped off at the Magic Kingdom Car Care center (I think it is Alamo Rental car there). Then on the day we left I did the same thing in reverse, picked up the car at the MK car Care center, and dropped it off in Tampa.

I believe there is also a shuttle service that goes from the Tampa airport to Disney.