PDA

View Full Version : Can Free Dining be applied to an existing reservation

princessgirls
04-25-2016, 10:33 AM
HI Folks.

We booked a trip a few months ago, and all of our ADR's. So happy a dining promo came out, we check in August 23rd...and also got both the park hopper and waterpark option, so can we apply the dining to our existing reservation?

Our Travel agent is in Holland for the next two weeks, but beings we have a reservation I'm thinking we can wait until she gets back.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
This is good news to me.
Julie:mickey:

BrerGnat
04-25-2016, 10:53 AM
Maybe, maybe not. The amount of rooms is limited and some resorts won't have any rooms available with free dining. I would probably not be happy to wait 2 weeks to see if your travel agent can apply this discount to your existing reservation. Your travel agent doesn't have anyone to help clients while she is out of the country for 2 weeks?

princessgirls
04-25-2016, 11:05 AM
Thanks Natalie. I will call the agency today. We meet all the qualifications including the check in day which is random, because it's a Tuesday.... did that because airfare was cheapest Tuesday to Tuesday and in the summer it didn't make a difference for the kids schedules or our jobs.
Julie

BrerGnat
04-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Thanks Natalie. I will call the agency today. We meet all the qualifications including the check in day which is random, because it's a Tuesday.... did that because airfare was cheapest Tuesday to Tuesday and in the summer it didn't make a difference for the kids schedules or our jobs.
Julie

Good luck! I know last year, even though Disney had the dates listed and they looked like pretty much open availability, that was not the case when people actually called in to make reservations. It ended up being more like "pockets" of availability here and there within the date windows, but there was a lot of frustration with the way Disney presented it and the actual inventory.

jpmsrivers
04-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Good luck! I know last year, even though Disney had the dates listed and they looked like pretty much open availability, that was not the case when people actually called in to make reservations. It ended up being more like "pockets" of availability here and there within the date windows, but there was a lot of frustration with the way Disney presented it and the actual inventory.

"Pockets" of windows is exactly right. We have two rooms reserved. One is for ten days the other for 7 days. We could add the free dining on the ten day, but not the seven day. We are checking in same day, but have different checkout dates. If the second party could extend their reservation by two days they could get the offer? At least we got it on one reservation and It was a BIG savings on our ten day package. Just hate the others could not get the offer.

Basket Mommy
04-25-2016, 09:40 PM
"Pockets" of windows is exactly right. We have two rooms reserved. One is for ten days the other for 7 days. We could add the free dining on the ten day, but not the seven day. We are checking in same day, but have different checkout dates. If the second party could extend their reservation by two days they could get the offer? At least we got it on one reservation and It was a BIG savings on our ten day package. Just hate the others could not get the offer.

It has nothing to do with checkout dates. Your checkin date has to fall within the free dining promo dates. It's just possible that the room the other party reserved wasn't part of the promo, or by the time the agent (or you) was able to modify the reservation, all of the allotted rooms for free dining at that resort were reserved. I have clients booked October 1st at Caribbean Beach. They qualified for dining, but when I got into the system to modify their reservation at 630 AM, there was nothing available at CB. I moved them back a day and changed them to Coronado Springs, and voila! They have free dining now.

Our Travel agent is in Holland for the next two weeks, but beings we have a reservation I'm thinking we can wait until she gets back.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
This is good news to me.
Julie:mickey:

Call the agency ASAP tomorrow, but be prepared for them to tell you that there is nothing left. Unfortunately, if you've booked through an agent, you cannot modify your own reservation. The agent has to do it. I honestly cannot believe that someone isn't checking automatically for you. That's the first thing I did this morning - check all of my clients' dates to see if they qualified. They didn't even have to ask. One client was so excited that she saved over $900 without even knowing a promo was released!

jpmsrivers
04-27-2016, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=Basket Mommy;2483494]It has nothing to do with checkout dates. Your checkin date has to fall within the free dining promo dates. It's just possible that the room the other party reserved wasn't part of the promo, or by the time the agent (or you) was able to modify the reservation, all of the allotted rooms for free dining at that resort were reserved. I have clients booked October 1st at Caribbean Beach. They qualified for dining, but when I got into the system to modify their reservation at 630 AM, there was nothing available at CB. I moved them back a day and changed them to Coronado Springs, and voila! They have free dining now.

We are checking in on the same day...11/18. The only way we could secure free dining for them was to have them stay 9 nights instead of 7. Same resort..same check in...just different check out dates. Even the person I was speaking to was stumped? We are still checking to see if we can shorten the trip, but if not they got two more nights and included free dining for an extra $51. Not a bad deal after all! :mickey:

joonyer
04-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Another reason why we use Magical Journeys.
No hassle, No fuss, if a discount is possible, they get it done for you.

princessgirls
04-27-2016, 02:55 PM
We were able to apply to the Dining Promo to our existing reservation at the Pop Century.
We are paying the difference from the Counter Services meal plan to the Disney Dining, for a savings of $700 for my family, as we purchased the Disney Dining.

Thanks for all of your replies.

I'm very happy!!!!
Julie