PDA

View Full Version : Best Alaskan Port Activities to See Wildlife

Kwesty
04-23-2016, 12:17 PM
We just booked a 7-day Alaskan cruise aboard the Wonder for next summer. Our port of call is Ketchikan. My kids want to see wildlife so I'm looking for recommendations for the best port activity to see the most critters!

Thanks!
Kim

Maleficent's Dad
04-24-2016, 04:48 PM
I don't believe Disney goes as far north as Seward, which is a shame. If they do, go on the Kenai Fjords Tour. It is, the most amazing experience you might ever have. For the other ports, there are plenty of on-line reviews (Juneau, Icy Straight Point, etc.). It really depends on exactly what you want - helicopter tour, boat, walking, bike, etc...

Kwesty
04-24-2016, 09:46 PM
I couldn't figure out how to edit my post -- should have been 5-day, not 7-day.

However, another add-on question -- how many excursions can you realistically do? There are so many to chose from and we would love to do more than one! How difficult is it to get the excursions you want? We've taken a 4-day Caribbean cruise but like to stay on the ship on port day so have never done excursions. I know getting a Cabana at Castaway Cay was impossible.

This is a once in a lifetime and I just want to make sure we fit in as much as possible!