PDA

View Full Version : Disney Releases First Look at Soarin' Around The World Film & FastPass+ Open Date

Figment!
04-21-2016, 07:49 AM
Disney Parks and Resorts has released ride film from two of the new segments that will be featured in Soarin' Around The World attraction coming to Epcot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZolEqVAlxI

In addition to the video the following details were announced:

... more than a dozen breathtaking ways you’ll be able to experience the wonders of the world when Soarin’ Around the World makes its groundbreaking debut across the globe this summer. ...

... on June 17, guests at Disney California Adventure park at the Disneyland Resort and Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort will be able to board the exhilarating aerial adventure that immerses you in a multi-sensory experience, complete with stunning sights, spectacular sounds and even subtle scents. Fastpass+ will be an option for Soarin’ beginning Thursday, April 21.

LandFan
04-21-2016, 07:52 AM
But the fast pass times aren't open yet, lol. I've been stalking the fast pass site since about 4am haha.
No signs of the free dining offer yet either! At least I'll get to order my Destination D tickets at 10am today...

mgmnut
04-21-2016, 10:35 AM
The site still states Fastpass + Service is unavailable for Soarin for 6/17.

DizneyFreak2002
04-21-2016, 06:52 PM
I think this will be a most welcome upgrade from an otherwise decent attraction...

Figment!
04-21-2016, 08:09 PM
FastPass opened around 3:00 pm this afternoon.

See this thread in Theme Parks for first hand experiences:

Fast passes are available for Soarin! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?212243-Fast-passes-are-avaliable-for-Soarin!)

mgmnut
04-22-2016, 08:34 AM
I got my FP+ for June 17....

Does anyone think Epcot is going to be crazy crowded 6/17 due to Soarin re-Opening?

LandFan
04-22-2016, 02:14 PM
Lord I hope not! I get in the 18...

baldburke
04-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Any word on Patrick Warburton retaining his host duties? Any new smells?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-26-2016, 11:20 AM
Not related to Disney exactly, but where I live, the Mall of America recently opened a new attraction called "FlyOver America" a 10 minute ride ($17) that appears to be the same mechanism as Soarin.

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but 10 minutes sounds incredible, wish Soarin was that long, but lines are long enough already I guess.

DizneyRox
06-17-2016, 08:40 AM
No more Paddy... According to the man himself...

BriarRose0708
06-17-2016, 09:56 AM
No more Paddy... According to the man himself...

Sorta true... from a video that was just posted, his voice is still at the beginning of the ride part that announces they are ready for departure.

I watched the video of the entire ride and have to say, it's beautiful! Won't spoil anything else, but as someone in the I-didn't-want-them-to-change-anything camp, there really was nothing for us to be worried about! I can't wait to experience in person!

DizneyRox
06-17-2016, 11:41 AM
Phone autocorrected Puddy to Paddy... Sry...

cer
06-17-2016, 01:12 PM
Sorta true... from a video that was just posted, his voice is still at the beginning of the ride part that announces they are ready for departure.

I watched the video of the entire ride and have to say, it's beautiful! Won't spoil anything else, but as someone in the I-didn't-want-them-to-change-anything camp, there really was nothing for us to be worried about! I can't wait to experience in person!

Is the music just as glorious?