PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge questions

biggins
04-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Hello everyone, just got back from a magical trip and am plannning the next one already..:blush: I have always stayed in the bc/yc area, but since my 4 year old had us in the magic kingdom much of the time I would like to try the WL next time. I've eaten there and taken the boat to MK and it's beautiful.
two questions: I read there have been transportation issues, buses taking a really long time etc.. has anyone in the intercot family had issues there?
also we may be 4 adults and my 4 year old next time (parents and grandparents) so I thought maybe we could try a deluxe room for the extra space, is it too small for 4 and a child? and can you ask for a cot or somthing instead of the open up couch for a child? Any information and opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
04-20-2016, 07:43 PM
We have stayed at WL many, many times. We have never had any major issues with the buses. We have had the typical long wait here and there, like with any other resort, but nothing out of the ordinary. The only places we have ever experienced really bad bus service was at AKL (EVERY TIME WE HAVE STAYED THERE--all three times) and Port Orleans Riverside.

We have never stayed in the deluxe rooms so I can't comment on that. Not sure if you are talking about a deluxe room in the main lodge or a deluxe studio from the villas. The deluxe studio will sleep 5, but I highly doubt a cot would fit in the space. We've stayed in several studios on property and with the exception of Old Key West, most are fairly small.

Crow
04-20-2016, 08:11 PM
WL is my fav resort. that said i did have bad views of the smokehouse twice. had pool view, grass view, once on club level which was nice to have things available. buses to other places sometimes take a while to arrive. once to downtown it took an hr due to a traffic light being out. i love the boats. and the bus to MK is quick. Artist Point is great and i like Territory Lounge. construction going on due to them adding DVC eventually.

Davy Crockett
04-26-2016, 01:30 PM
Biggins
This will be our 6th stay at the WL in June and even though we know they are experiencing a lot of construction we still choose it due to how we have always been treated there. In all of our stays we have never waited more than 10 minutes for the bus to arrive. I am sure bc /yc is staged the same way with 4 sectors and some sector having multiple destinations like AK and Blizzard Beach... Now WL is in the same loop as Fort Wilderness so when you leave you will swing through FW or when you come back you may stop at FW before WL but that is normal.
As for the Deluxe room we stayed in one during our last trip and it was wonderful and it is big enough to accommodate 4 adults and 1 child as the main bedroom has 2 queen beds and the couch in the living room turns into a queen bed, but being there is only one bathroom which sits between the entrance hallway and the bedroom with a corridor passing between the double vanity as the shower toilet has its on door might make things a little hectic with 5 of you trying to get ready. I do not think you will be able to fit a roll away into that room and the only other option I have seen is a crib. NOW if you are driving you may want to take a folding camping cot with you for the 4 year old and they will provide linens blankets and pillows.
The (parents / grandparents) are going with us on this trip so we too will have 4 adults and 1 eleven year old daughter. We thought about the deluxe room option but opted to go with one bunk bed room and one 2 queen room and have a shared door.
I believe if you choose the WL you will not be disappointed and may convert there full time!
Enjoy and PM me if you have any other questions.

TikiLounger
06-10-2016, 08:25 AM
Hey there. We love the WL and have stayed there many times. We've never had any issues with transportation. Sure, sometimes there's a longer wait for the bus than we'd like, but that's just the way it is. In a perfect world, the bus we want will be waiting for us every time we're ready to head out. Hahaha. I guess I'm saying that we've experienced that same wait times at all the resorts we've stayed at. WL doesn't stand out to us for having excessive or longer waits than anywhere else.

Our last trip to WL was in Nov. We had 5 adults (husband and I, our two adult children, and my daughter's fiancé). We opted for a regular room in club level for my husband and I and a deluxe room in club level for the three others. The deluxe was perfect for them. As the last poster said, you should have no problem fitting everyone in comfortably. Yes, the bathroom did get a little crazy even with just the three people. But, my in opinion, you should be able to make it work.