PDA

View Full Version : Planning for next year

conorsmom2000
04-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone - it has been a long, long, long time since I've been here. And an even longer time since we've been to Disney! Too many curve balls in life.... the last time we went it was a 6 year old - now we are finally planning our next trip and it will be with our 17 year old (!) playing with his HS orchestra at Epcot!

So, the good news - we are finally getting back, after 11 years. The bad news - it's the week of Easter. :-/ This year our spring break was a few weeks after Easter, because Easter was so early - next year we are not as lucky. I'm truly dreading the crowds - but it's a once in a lifetime thing and we can miss it.

We are considering renting points - and will check out the The Timeshare Store - but will it be hard to rent points for that week? If we decide not to rent, I'm not sure where to stay - the Wilderness Lodge was always our "happy place" but we probably want to be closer to Epcot now.

It's been so long I don't even know what a Magic band is, what the changes to Fast past are or even where to start with all of this. Any suggestion, especially for that time of year, would be appreciated. :)

Jen

DizneyRox
04-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Really there's no difference in when you go anymore, planning is the same regardless. 180 days for food, 60 days for fast pass. Crowds will be the crowds if you're tied to a date. The differences being that things will be unavailable the longer you wait from those start dates.

If you want to rent points at a particular place, it's best to hit the 11 month mark (coming up) by someone who owns at the resort you want to stay at.

mamacon67
04-29-2016, 08:15 AM
Good gosh Jen, great to see you on again. I just came back myself, as we are planning for June 2017 for my daughters graduation. Hard to believe it's been so many years! Enjoy you planning for this exciting trip. :mickey:

faline
04-29-2016, 11:35 AM
Good to see you!!

Magic Bands are your substitute for room keys, park tickets, and paper fast passes. You use the bands the same way you would have used the other items.

There don't seem to be any less busy times any more - just busy and busier. Yes, it will be crowded during Easter but you already know that.

As noted, trips require more advance planning and leave far less room for just going with the flow. Fastpass is now a necessity for many rides that were previously all walk-ons. You are also more locked into your dining reservations as reservations are necessary especially during busy times and you must cancel at least a day in advance or get charged a per-person fee.

Good luck with your planning!!

princessgirls
05-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Nice to see you back on the boards Jen!!!

It will all come together!
Julie

conorsmom2000
06-27-2016, 07:56 PM
It's been so long! Good to see you too! Crazy how the time flies - I just noticed I joined 12 years - omg!! So happy we are finally going back!

conorsmom2000
06-27-2016, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone - it feels overwhelming and we haven't even started yet. I guess I'd better get busy though. I think I'm already a little late for the renting points things but I'll still look into it. Definitely a little overwhelmed - I think I'll reach out to Magical Journeys too. :)

Mickey'sGirl
06-28-2016, 06:37 AM
Hi Jen!! Great to see you! It is all extremely planned now, but the magic is still there!