PDA

View Full Version : Baggage delivered to room.

mandaep
04-14-2016, 07:57 AM
It has been a whilleeeew since we have done the DME and this time we are having our luggage delivered to our room. Usually how long does it take for it to get to your room? Just looking for reassurance that it won't get lost into the galaxy because I'm having control issues but I don't want to tote 3 luggage bags :) we are arriving at 3 and not going to the parks that evening. I guess we will take our bathing suits to anticipate swimming before our luggage arrives. Just curious on others' recent experiences. Doing POFQ.

PopPhan
04-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Typically, luggage arrives at your room within 3 hours of your arrival at the resort. There are a couple caveats to that: 1) availability of room, 2) weather at airport (inclement weather may cause delays)

It is always best to have a couple things with you to change into just to be on the safe side of things. Your idea of having your bathing suits with you so you can use the pool that afternoon/evening is a very good plan.

goofiecrazy
04-14-2016, 10:49 AM
We are grapping our bags and getting on the bus. Not putting the yellow tags on the bags either. We rather have our bags w.us when we get to the hotel then waiting hrs for them to arrive.

KarenP
04-14-2016, 07:46 PM
Your luggage is supposed to be delivered within 3 hours. On my last trip it was 4 1/2 hours before I received my luggage.

vicster
04-15-2016, 10:26 AM
We put whatever we may need in our carryon so no problem when the bags are delivered.

BrerGnat
04-15-2016, 11:41 AM
We put whatever we may need in our carryon so no problem when the bags are delivered.

Us too. Pajamas, swimsuits and whatever we will need for baths/bed the first night. I worry too much about lost luggage.

mandaep
04-15-2016, 12:46 PM
thanks guys, this is really influencing my decision to take our stuff with us

Genie1953
04-16-2016, 04:54 PM
Ours has always been waiting in our room when we get there. One time we asked for a different room than the one assigned and still our bags were there when we got to the new room. We love Magical Express. Now that said...we always have a change of clothes and swim suits in our carryon just in case....but we do that no matter where we are traveling to.

LandFan
04-19-2016, 09:45 AM
Never had a single issue with DME in 16 trips! I highly recommend it!

KAT1811
04-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Another advocate for using DME. I also have never had a single problem with our luggage. One of our trips had us taking our 4 children and an extra friend to the World. We were a party of 7 with two teenagers and a zillion pieces of luggage in tow. Not one single issue with our luggage arriving within the three hour resort arrival time.

On a 4 day trip just my husband and I, I forgot to put the yellow tags on our bags AND I forgot to give the CM at DME check-in our luggage claim tickets. We arrived in the evening close to the time DME stops picking up luggage. I called DME in a panic from the bus on the way to our resort. They assured me everything would be okay. You know what? It was. They retrieved our luggage and delivered it to our room without any issues.

I am also a control freak and a teeny bit high maintenance :blush: with my appearance (I like to always look my best) so losing my luggage would completely freak me out. I would be a mess both literally and figuratively all week.