PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Port?

DisneyFr33k
04-13-2016, 07:50 PM
We went on the very first cruise in May 2011 out of Vancouver. Then I heard they were switching to sailing from Seattle. Now I see Vancouver again. What is up? I know they need one "foreign" port.

DizneyRox
04-14-2016, 07:28 PM
They change itineraries like people change their underwear... With so few ships I think they need to offer something new each year to help people justify coming back soon.

Wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver gave them a better deal as well. Getting a cruise ship in port for even a day brings LOTS of money. I bet the cities were in a bidding war.

BrerGnat
04-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Also, starting in Seattle means a stop in either Vancouver or Victoria anyway, and that takes away from the Alaska port opportunities. People on AK cruises want to port in AK, not Canada.

DisneyFr33k
07-09-2016, 10:34 AM
We went on the first Alaskan cruise in May of 2011. We flew into Seattle, rented a car and drove into Vancouver. The most crazy drive ever! Traffic there is insane! But the price to fly into Vancouver was ridiculous. We saved so much money renting a car and driving.... So we were excited when we saw they were sailing out of Seattle. But alas!