PDA

View Full Version : Giving an infant a bath in the hotel rooms without them slipping in tub????

ASweetLov
04-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Hi! I will be traveling with my daughter who will be 20 months at the time. This will be her first trip. I was just wondering if anyone has tips on how to give an infant a bath without them slipping in the tub. I really don't want to buy an inflatable tub to pack and take with me and since she is so mobile I'm afraid she might get up so much in the tub and slip. Of course I will be sitting next to the tub giving her a bath but even here at home she wont stay still.
Thank you so much for any tips! :mickey:

VWL Mom
04-13-2016, 07:03 PM
How about a small nonslip tub mat? Depending on your luggage it should be easy to pack.

ASweetLov
04-13-2016, 07:41 PM
That's a great idea VWL Mom! Thank you!

cer
04-13-2016, 08:07 PM
Also, you can put a towel in the bottom of the tub.

Mickey'sGirl
04-13-2016, 09:24 PM
We always used to use a hand towel in the bottom of the tub.

ASweetLov
04-14-2016, 07:41 AM
I didn't think about putting a towel at the bottom of the tub. Thank you so much!

j2k
04-14-2016, 05:01 PM
Sounds like you no longer have an infant. Sounds like you have an exploring toddler. :)
At that age I would just do the best you can to give a quick bath and not allow standing in the tub. That's what I do here at home with my 16 month old toddler.

deedee73
04-14-2016, 10:59 PM
Definitely use the towel...it is so easy and we find it very helpful. Also pack a few tub toys from the $ store. If you do not want to pack wet toys to go home you can always pass them along to another family at the pool or check-in. We just threw ours in a large zippie bag for coming home from our Ohio trip. We didn't remember bubble bath or tub toys and we had to find the closest $ store bc it was JBs first time in a big tub. He lived it & those toys. So plan ahead & enjoy those moments with your child.

mandaep
04-15-2016, 12:40 PM
You might be overthinking it but heres what I did with my 14 month old - got in the bath with him, then had my husband take him out when I was done cleaning him up. I made it quick :)

ASweetLov
04-15-2016, 06:21 PM
Thank you everyone!

Tink1
04-15-2016, 06:36 PM
When mine were small, I used a blow up pool ring. Not a blow up pool, but a "lifesaver".

oops, just noticed it's a toddler not an infant. don't think lifesaver would work. (i was thinking lie down,, baby in middle, head on rim)

Nanc

Mendelson
04-16-2016, 01:49 PM
My 5yo has fallen so frequently in hotel showers/tubs (cause I'm parent-of-the-year) that he now is generally terrified about taking a single step once inside of them. I'm not suggesting this as a strategy, but am reminded by your post if how super-slick they can be!

wdw538884
04-27-2016, 04:06 PM
Contact the front desk and have HouseKeeping send a mathmat to your room for use during your stay.