PDA

View Full Version : Adding Points

andmomlau
04-11-2016, 09:56 PM
we currently own 150 pts at VGF. Although we love it there, we can stay longer or go more often if we choose other resorts. We were thinking of purchasing another 50-100 pts thru resale. My husband was wondering if we sold our VGF pts...foung for $150 per point, we could purchase 200+ at BW or BC. When we were there last month, one of the DVC cast members told us that Disney is going to be buying and selling resale soon. Has anyone heard of this?

TheDuckRocks
04-12-2016, 01:12 PM
Yes, Disney does sale "resale" points, buying points I'm not so sure. I think (remember this is just a guess on my part) they get points to resale from executing their First Right of Refusal (OK guys, is that the official title?) option.
Also selling your points you would probably have to pay some closing costs and commission fees to the broker. Buying new points remember you would at least need to pay closing costs. Things to consider.
Currently there has been some new changes on membership perks. You may want to read the following thread that is going on:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?212092-Resale-Changes-Eff-4-4-16-UPDATED-AGAIN