PDA

View Full Version : Deals and crowds in Sept??

rhonary
04-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Just wondering...we have always gone to WDW in late Aug..haven't been in about 6yrs.....are there any deals...room or dinning discounts in Sept? I hear middle of Sept is a good time to go crowd wise also...true?? Thanx!

vicster
04-11-2016, 07:38 AM
We've gone in September for years - always got free dining. Crowds are not bad mid September but picks up when the Food and Wine Festival starts.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Yes and Yes. With school having just started, it is a fairly quiet time, and as a result there are often some deals to be had. The past few years, this has included free dining and/or room discounts.

We usually go end of August/beginning of September and it has been super (except for the heat of course!)

rhonary
04-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Thanx....any idea when those deals come out?

Itchy
04-11-2016, 11:26 AM
As the other posters has stated Sept is a good month to go. We always go the week of Labor Day. Monday of Labor Day at the Magic Kingdom is crazy so we hit one of the other parks. The rest of the week is really nice, other than the most popular rides you can walk in with little to no wait.

If I remember correctly the special should be announced in May or June. We have always gotten free dining.

Hope this helps and happy planning..:mickey:

rhonary
04-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Thank you!

JanetMegan
04-11-2016, 04:36 PM
I know that there have been rumors floating around that there won't be free dining this year. So many people booked free dining on 2015 trips with bouncebacks that a lot of rooms are full for Sept. dates. We have found Sept. getting increasingly busy as lots of Southern Schools offer a "fall break" in Sept. (so the earlier in the month you can go the better.) I've been helping someone book some dates in mid-sept only to find a lot of resorts with limited availability.

vicster
04-11-2016, 04:43 PM
I know that there have been rumors floating around that there won't be free dining this year. So many people booked free dining on 2015 trips with bouncebacks that a lot of rooms are full for Sept. dates. We have found Sept. getting increasingly busy as lots of Southern Schools offer a "fall break" in Sept. (so the earlier in the month you can go the better.) I've been helping someone book some dates in mid-sept only to find a lot of resorts with limited availability.

Last September was definitely busier than previous years we've gone in September. Didn't help that they started Food & Wine Festival a week earlier plus schools in Georgia were off for a week.

JanetMegan
04-12-2016, 09:09 AM
We are booked Sept 12th-19th with some of the family coming at going the week later (due to the aforementioned Fall Break here). We booked on a bounceback for a couple of the rooms (this is a big family group) but one of the rooms was just booked normally and she's having a heck of a time finding a good deal and availability.

Growing up we were always taken out of school the week after Labor Day to go to WDW and it was so nice, I remember being asked by CMs if we just wanted to stay on rides instead of getting off. Those days are long gone ;)