PDA

View Full Version : Dinner shows for adults!

nat
04-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Can you recommend any dinner shows that dear hubby and I would enjoy! Thanks!

faline
04-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Any of the dinner shows that Disney has are typically family oriented. I have enjoyed the Hoop de Doo but have had others adults tell me they hated it and would never return. I thought the Luau was kind of hokey - others have told me they enjoy it very much. It's hard to know what you might like - or not!!

nat
04-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Thanks for your input I was looking at the Luau or I thought we could just have dinner at the PV? DH has never been to that resort and I stayed there many, many years ago ;).

Basket Mommy
04-09-2016, 05:33 PM
We saw Hoop Dee Doo on our last trip. It was our first time there in 20 years of trips to WDW. It was cute, worth a one-time attendance. The food was yummy. We've also enjoyed the Luau a couple of times. It's a toss-up for me. I'd say the luau's food is slightly better.

deedee73
04-09-2016, 06:09 PM
We love the Hoop Dee Doo Revue & always try to see it on each trip. The Luau is one of my mom's favorites - pretty typical show. Both are fun with good food but neither is a romantic or exceedingly special night out. You could add a carriage ride to the Hoop Dee Doo because the pick up location is very close to Pioneer Hall or perhaps just a different meal all together - 'Ohana, Narcoossee's, Citricos or Cali Grill might be better options depending on what you are trying to get out of the evening.

No matter what you choose a walk on Poly or GF beach/deck is always nice & relaxing. And be sure not to miss the Electrical Water Pageant & Wishes which can be seen from Vaio us points on the Lagoon. Another option still would be a dessert party or ferry or even still a cruise along the lagoon. There are private voyages ad well as the Pirate & Pals Cruise out of the Contemporary resort which is loads of fun.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Hoop-Dee-Doo. DH and I have been with our whole family, and just the two of us and have enjoyed it each time.

It is a fun, corny show, but if you've never done it, I think it is worth a visit, at least once.

buzznwoodysmom
04-10-2016, 03:09 PM
We have never done Hoop de Doo, even tho we hear mostly great things about it. Just don't think it's our cup of tea.

We have done the Luau once. It was nice, we enjoyed it, but wouldn't spend the money to do it again. We thought the food was just OK. We feel Ohana's food is much better. The show was also just OK. Fun to do once, but not something I would probably ever consider doing again.