PDA

View Full Version : Minnie's Springtime Dining v. Chef Mickey's

Kreed0504
04-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Hi everyone,

A little less than a week out and making final tweaks to our first family Disney vacation. If we are doing the Minnie seasonal dining at Hollywood and Vine, do you see any reason why we would need to do Chef Mickey's the next day? Thanks for the advice!

akaDisneyDreamer
04-09-2016, 10:12 AM
I think that would just depend on how many character experiences you'd like to enjoy. We have several character meals scheduled because we love seeing Mickey and friends, and the opportunities to get photos with them. We are going to Chef Mickey's for the first time this trip, but we are also going to Tusker House and Ohana, and if we could have got reservations for Minnie's Springtime Dining, we'd be doing that too!

Basket Mommy
04-09-2016, 12:32 PM
I did Chef Mickey's once, back in 2002, and that was enough. To me it's just loud and chaotic. People love it, but I cringe thinking about going there. I like Hollywood & Vine. Hubby and I are doing the dinner there later this month and I'm looking forward to it. I love character meals, even when the kids aren't with us!

i'm grumpy
04-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone,

A little less than a week out and making final tweaks to our first family Disney vacation. If we are doing the Minnie seasonal dining at Hollywood and Vine, do you see any reason why we would need to do Chef Mickey's the next day? Thanks for the advice!

Minnie's looks like fun. We had so much trouble getting a resi at Mickey's, we stopped going there.

biggins
04-21-2016, 09:07 AM
We just got back and did Minnie's springtime dine and I think you would be satisfied with the characters you meet there. I think Mickey seems to be the hardest to find other than Chef Mickey so it's a really good alternative. Each one came to our table, took pictures and interacted with my 4 year old, some came back more than once.

JanetMegan
04-21-2016, 10:15 AM
We did the Holiday Dine (which I know is similar) and we were so happy with it. The food was much much better than Chef Mickey's and the character interaction was great.