PDA

View Full Version : Back After Ten Years Day Three 4/7/2016

BigFatDaddy
04-08-2016, 01:21 AM
It was a non Disney day today except for driving past it down Harbor Blvd !!
We rented a car and drove about two hours to El Cajon. DH is a guitar player and that is where Taylor Guitars has their factory. We went on a tour and saw how they are made. It was hard for DH to leave without one. I had to remind him he has 2 at home!
We stopped for lunch at Phil's BBQ and a little shopping at Target afterwards for a few snacks for back at our hotel.
It was cloudy and rainy on the way there. But it cleared up some on the way back. We stopped in Ocean Beach for awhile and walked along the ocean and out on the fishing pier. It was pretty windy. But, no rain! Cute little town.
Heading to California Adventure in the morning after returning the rental car. The weather man just said the rain should be mild by tomorrow night. So hopefully we will get to see the fireworks. Keeping our fingers crossed!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Sounds like a fun day, even though there wasn't any Disney involved! I hope the weather holds up for fireworks!

tinkwest
04-08-2016, 06:46 PM
The tour sounds like fun and Phil's BBQ is yummy! (Now I want to go there). We lived on the border of Ocean Beach and Point Loma when we were first married and my husband worked in the restaurant/bait shop out on the OB pier. We still enjoy going out there and strolling the length of the pier.

Looking forward to hearing about your California Adventure day. Thanks so much for sharing.