PDA

View Full Version : Rivers of Light DELAYED

Ian
04-05-2016, 12:42 PM
In keeping with Walt Disney World's recent history of exceeding failing to meet guest expectations, Rivers of Light is delayed indefinitely due to the need to “give the team more time to bring these innovative experiences to life in a way we know will exceed our guests’ expectations.”
More money … poorer service … poorer execution … poorer experiences … and yet they’re raking it in hand over fist. Defies all logic.

Read the official release on the Disney Parks Blog (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/04/update-on-nighttime-experiences-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/?CMP=SOC-DPFY16Q3TwitterYT4.3-4.9DisneyParks05-04-16@0001)

LandFan
04-05-2016, 12:48 PM
I just saw this. :confused: We are going in the later part of June so I think we will still be ok but wow - I can't believe they will be several weeks late...that's just not cool. Don't release a date if you aren't fairly sure you can make it.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Hoping it'll be open for my trip in May!

cer
04-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Lame. I doubt we'll get to see it in early June.

BrerGnat
04-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Shocking.

Basket Mommy
04-05-2016, 01:13 PM
I was hoping to see it when we go at the end of this month. I was sad to get the email that it's delayed.

VWL Mom
04-05-2016, 01:41 PM
They're sure on one heck of a streak!

baldburke
04-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Poly Hot Tub, Part Duex

Jeff T
04-05-2016, 03:59 PM
This is very disappointing news. Sure hope this does not turn into another Mission: Space disaster, where the attraction was delayed several months from it's originally announced opening date.

For some reason Disney has a real problem delivering new attractions and shows. However, they are great for timely launches of new character meet and greets, and DVC properties.

Based on their track record since Eisner was replaced as CEO, it would not surprise me if many of the major projects announced by Disney take much longer than anticipated to complete, and are scaled down from the original plans due to cost over runs.

I'm a long-time Disney nut, and love to vacation there every year, but I get more and more concerned that Disney is losing its magic, and the price to enjoy the magic that's left is getting too expensive.

1DisneyNut
04-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Why would this news surprise anyone? Give us less, charge us more and drag it out until you crash and burn. lol

BrerGnat
04-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Poly Hot Tub, Part Duex

????

Park Hopper
04-05-2016, 04:30 PM
I'm a long-time Disney nut, and love to vacation there every year, but I get more and more concerned that Disney is losing its magic, and the price to enjoy the magic that's left is getting too expensive.

I think this sentiment is shared by many of us.

DizneyRox
04-05-2016, 06:43 PM
This is very disappointing news. Sure hope this does not turn into another Mission: Space disaster, where the attraction was delayed several months from it's originally announced opening date.
Hey, what are you complaining about, Test Track I believe was almost a year and 1/2 late! A few weeks or months ain't nothin!

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
04-06-2016, 12:19 AM
Definitely some Disney hatred on here!

Mendelson
04-06-2016, 08:28 AM
I suppose this is disappointing if you were planning a trip near the announced opening and now might miss it, but in the grand scheme of things is it really a big deal? The world will little note nor long remember that Rivers of Light was delayed....

Agreed, that Disney should underpromise and overdeliver, but in five years will we care this was delayed a bit?

MNNHFLTX
04-06-2016, 09:46 AM

Not hatred, just disappointment in the way they are doing business these days.

magicofdisney
04-06-2016, 09:53 AM
At this point, I think the only delay that would shock me is a delay in raising ticket and hotel rates.

cer
04-06-2016, 11:36 AM
I suppose this is disappointing if you were planning a trip near the announced opening and now might miss it, but in the grand scheme of things is it really a big deal? The world will little note nor long remember that Rivers of Light was delayed....

Agreed, that Disney should underpromise and overdeliver, but in five years will we care this was delayed a bit?

I see what you did here...and that is an entirely different park altogether. ;)

buzznwoodysmom
04-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Not much surprises me these days......

big blue and hairy
04-06-2016, 03:30 PM

I agree. Is it disappointing to someone who's going to be there during the delay? Sure, but in the long run, get it right. I wish they had taken a little longer designing Expedition Everest, the Yeti might still be swiping.

:sulley:

Park Hopper
04-06-2016, 05:04 PM

I think frustration or disappointment would be better words.

Lindsey
04-11-2016, 04:14 PM
Bummer. I'm going to be there the 2nd week of May and planned on seeing this. My husband was really excited, he really enjoys WDW shows.