PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction

DizneyFreak2002
04-04-2016, 07:51 PM
OK, well, this has made the rounds a lot lately and while I have no idea how true it is, I figured we could at least discuss it here... I'm classifying it as a rumor right now but several well informed insiders have said this is true...

Tower of Terror in DCA and DHS will be getting a GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY over lay... At least, that is the talk of what the current plans are... And depending who you talk to, the plans are a done deal for DCA, not so much for DHS.. and if they do happen in DHS, the over lay will only be temporary, which, in WDW, means 20 years LOL...

BrerGnat
04-04-2016, 08:45 PM
I have seen this around the internet. Honestly, it sounds absolutely, horribly, awful. ToT is one of my favorite rides and I don't understand why it needs a facelift. In have never even watched a single episode of Twilight Zone, but it doesn't matter.

I just don't like the trend of overlaying existing attractions so blatantly in a permanent way.

And what the heck does Guardians have to do with a haunted elevator????

PopPhan
04-05-2016, 07:26 AM
And what the heck does Guardians have to do with a haunted elevator????

I think this is my biggest problem with a GotG overlay. It makes no sense as far as the building and setup are concerned. I think somebody was smoking something for April Fools and it got out of hand.

LandFan
04-05-2016, 07:42 AM
I'm not a fan of this idea at all! GoTG has nothing to do with the whole elevator thing - I agree! I love GoTG but don't mess with my TOT!!

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-05-2016, 07:44 AM
Wouldn't be very happy to see this happen. Like others have said, the theming just isn't right to do this! This kind of overlay only works on an attraction like Space Mountain, layering Star Wars into it. That totally makes sense, and that's the current overlay in DL. I love Guardians but this just sounds all sorts of wrong!

buzznwoodysmom
04-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Hate this idea!

BriarRose0708
04-05-2016, 10:18 AM
A Guardians feature would be awesome somewhere in the parks, but on Tower of Terror??? A ride that is already branded with a television show to put a movie overlay on it makes absolutely zero sense. Not ok with this.

i'm grumpy
04-05-2016, 11:50 AM
I haven't seen GotG and have no plans to. They need to leave the old Hollywood section alone.

SurferStitch
04-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Love GotG, but definitely NOT as a ToT overlay. Makes no sense at all.

BrerGnat
04-05-2016, 01:09 PM
I didn't particularly like GoG. I thought it was seriously overrated. It was just "ok" to me. I can't believe they would consider using that movie for an attraction overlay.

Jack Skellington
04-06-2016, 06:39 PM
This seems incredibly outlandish.

Wells
04-07-2016, 10:05 AM
"I am Groot!"
He said he doesn't like this idea either;)

BrerGnat
04-07-2016, 10:06 AM
This seems incredibly outlandish.

That's a good word for it.

Ed
04-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Let's see... Everyone above has said they don't like/hate/don't want this to happen. Given WDW's track record in recent times, that virtually guarantees that it WILL happen. :shrug:

BrerGnat
04-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Let's see... Everyone above has said they don't like/hate/don't want this to happen. Given WDW's track record in recent times, that virtually guarantees that it WILL happen. :shrug:

Can't we hope that this one gets canned due to "budget cuts"?

RBrooksC
04-11-2016, 08:15 AM
What could work is an overlay of RnRC. The only problem is it would seem like a copy of Space Mountain. However, the initial queue and preshow would be the Collector's Museum. The movie preshow would be something with the Guardians being attacked and they need to get into their ship and we need to go so we don't die. Then the ride would include 4D effects along with other imagineering to created the GotG world. However, I think if this park is going to be Hollywood Adventure (or whatever the new name would be) the front of the park needs to stay old Hollywood so both RnRC and ToT need to stay themed the same.

taleasoldastime
04-12-2016, 10:38 AM
nothing about this makes any sense to me. What on earth does gaurdians have to do with the twilight zone? this just sounds stupid.

LandFan
04-12-2016, 12:13 PM
What could work is an overlay of RnRC. The only problem is it would seem like a copy of Space Mountain. However, the initial queue and preshow would be the Collector's Museum. The movie preshow would be something with the Guardians being attacked and they need to get into their ship and we need to go so we don't die. Then the ride would include 4D effects along with other imagineering to created the GotG world.

Yeah - that would at least fit better than TOT... Granted I love RnRC just the way it is...

TheVBs
04-12-2016, 01:47 PM
This doesn't sound very likely. There's really nothing about the set up of ToT that would make sense with a GotG layover. The suggestion above of doing it to RnRC instead makes much more sense. Although I love RnRC as it is too. And, LOVED the Guardians movie!

BrerGnat
04-12-2016, 05:00 PM
This doesn't sound very likely. There's really nothing about the set up of ToT that would make sense with a GotG layover. The suggestion above of doing it to RnRC instead makes much more sense. Although I love RnRC as it is too. And, LOVED the Guardians movie!

Well, part of the rumor references that the NEXT GoG movie does indeed have a scene with a "falling elevator" and this is where the overlay idea is supposedly stemming from.

DizneyFreak2002
04-12-2016, 06:27 PM
What could work is an overlay of RnRC. The only problem is it would seem like a copy of Space Mountain. However, the initial queue and preshow would be the Collector's Museum. The movie preshow would be something with the Guardians being attacked and they need to get into their ship and we need to go so we don't die. Then the ride would include 4D effects along with other imagineering to created the GotG world. However, I think if this park is going to be Hollywood Adventure (or whatever the new name would be) the front of the park needs to stay old Hollywood so both RnRC and ToT need to stay themed the same.
Stay tuned... Some people are saying DCA's ToT will get a GotG overlay while RnRC will be the attraction getting it in DHS... So yea, people are all over with this...

DizneyFreak2002
04-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Well, part of the rumor references that the NEXT GoG movie does indeed have a scene with a "falling elevator" and this is where the overlay idea is supposedly stemming from.

Not just that, but another rumor is we would be visiting The Collector's museum... I don't know what he called the place he kept his "collections"... Maybe it was his home?

But yes, for now, key word to remember people is rumor... Nothing concrete is pointing to this actually happening right now... Other them some well placed sources reporting it... Sources, as I said, are hardly ever wrong...

TheVBs
04-13-2016, 07:22 AM

Oh! Did not know about that.

Lindsey
04-13-2016, 02:46 PM
If an overlay is done in DHS I hope it's done to RnRC, not ToT. I'm a big TwlightZone fan, I own the entire series on DVD and multiple prop replicas as well, I don't think I could bring myself to ride ToT if WDW did a GotG overlay. :(

Patricia
04-23-2016, 10:26 AM
If the rumours are more than just that, they are only for Disneyland Resort. But again, just rumours so far.

brownie
04-24-2016, 11:53 AM
That's a terrible idea. Just build a new attraction if you want to add Guardians.

1DisneyNut
04-24-2016, 02:00 PM
Hate this idea for both ToT as well as RnRc. I am with the camp that says if you must add it to the park, build a new attraction. I would prefer they refrain from messing up anymore perfectly good attractions by slapping overlays over them.

I couldn't even remember what Guardians of the Galaxy was so I had to google it. Once I saw the images, I remembered it was that stupid movie I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes without losing interest and finding myself looking at stuff on my phone or tablet. Others liked it and I guess it was popular enough but I am not a fan at all.

DizneyFreak2002
06-28-2016, 07:11 PM
What's this I hear about Epcot?

baldburke
06-29-2016, 12:22 PM
I didn't particularly like GoG. I thought it was seriously overrated. It was just "ok" to me. I can't believe they would consider using that movie for an attraction overlay.

Wow...not a GOG fan? I found it to be 120 minutes of motion picture magic that just flew by! Can't wait for the next release next year. Are you an Avengers fan?

BrerGnat
06-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Wow...not a GOG fan? I found it to be 120 minutes of motion picture magic that just flew by! Can't wait for the next release next year. Are you an Avengers fan?

I like Avengers.

I was just not wowed by the story in GoG. I thought it was boring, to be honest.

DizneyRox
06-29-2016, 05:57 PM
And today the rumor is Mission Space...

DizneyFreak2002
06-29-2016, 07:12 PM
And today the rumor is Mission Space...

Didn't hear Mission Space... Heard Universe of Energy with Wonders of Life pavilion getting demo'd too... In fact, I've had well informed people saying Mission Space will get a refurb, but not become GotG...

DonaldDuck1117
06-30-2016, 07:24 PM
Oh god, please do it with Mission Space. That was one big swing and a miss for Imagineering. But to be fair it was already behind the 8 ball having replaced one of the most beloved attractions of all time.

I'd be in favor of it taking over any of those attractions though. Epcot needs a reimagineering and life put back into it.

SBETigg
06-30-2016, 08:54 PM
Just heard that Universe of Energy is closing and becoming a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction. Maybe just another rumor, but was presented as Breaking News, and it makes sense. We haven't bothered with Universe of Energy for years.

DizneyRox
07-01-2016, 06:52 AM
Yeah, the entire Epcot Future World area needs a reboot of you ask me. Guardians though, not sure, I have no desire to do anything GotG. Mission Space needs help, it's a once and done attraction for most. I remember when, it first place need, I needed to do it first to see what it was like, then again with my better half, then the rest of our party wanted to. It was still in previews and I wasn't right for the rest of the day; three times in about an hour and a half was enough for a lifetime. Lines are manageable without fast pass even in the summer time!

BrerGnat
07-01-2016, 10:57 AM
I vote for NO Marvel in Epcot. It's just weird. Keep that stuff in DHS, if anywhere. Redo Future World, but not with Marvel movie tie ins...

DizneyFreak2002
07-01-2016, 06:43 PM
I vote for NO Marvel in Epcot. It's just weird. Keep that stuff in DHS, if anywhere. Redo Future World, but not with Marvel movie tie ins...

We'll just have to change the name from Epcot to IPcot.... Since Disney is void of any imagination today... Basically, just like their CEO... Bob "I LOVE IPS WHO NEEDS ORIGINALITY" Iger...

Dur
07-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Well, Twilight Zone has never made any sense for ToT either. But I certainly understand that most Disney fans resist any sort of change to their attractions. With the new Star Wars attractions, I think now is the time to change ToT as well since the entire Hollywood 1930's theme was poorly implemented from the beginning.

Crow
07-04-2016, 09:25 PM
should be in DHS, but they are doing their things there now w Star Wars and Pixar (please dont let it b lame...the slinky dog coaster etc doesnt impress me)
but if i had to chose between nothing being done and using Marvel (at least the properties that they legally can in Florida, what a mess) i dont mind Marvel..at least better than taking Maelstrom away for Froxo

Tearin_it_up
07-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Well, Twilight Zone has never made any sense for ToT either. But I certainly understand that most Disney fans resist any sort of change to their attractions. With the new Star Wars attractions, I think now is the time to change ToT as well since the entire Hollywood 1930's theme was poorly implemented from the beginning.

Really? That's the first time I heard of anybody thinking that! Usually this is the highest rated attraction anywhere including theme:mickey:

LittleSpirit02
07-16-2016, 06:20 PM
I hope hope hope this never comes to be.

ToT is simply classic for all generations. Everyone can "get it."

I'm sure GoG is awesome and everything but I feel it would just get dated quick. I'd stand in line for ToT as it currently is just for the atmosphere and music I love it that much!

DizneyFreak2002
07-18-2016, 06:47 PM
I hope hope hope this never comes to be.

ToT is simply classic for all generations. Everyone can "get it."

I'm sure GoG is awesome and everything but I feel it would just get dated quick. I'd stand in line for ToT as it currently is just for the atmosphere and music I love it that much!

For DHS, GotG does not appear to be heading for ToT... In DCA, yea... DHS not so much, maybe... Rumored spot now is Epcot...

Figment!
07-18-2016, 07:49 PM
Just heard that Universe of Energy is closing and becoming a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction. Maybe just another rumor, but was presented as Breaking News, and it makes sense. We haven't bothered with Universe of Energy for years.

There were reports of height test balloons in the vicinity of the Energy Pavilion this morning, so there may be credence to this rumour.

Lacy
07-23-2016, 10:18 PM
Looks like it is confirmed for DCA. I was skeptical at first but after seeing the concept art I am actually really excited. ToT has never really fit at DCA and it isn't near as good as the version at DHS. So my verdict is this is a good thing and will fit in much better with the other Marvel attractions that are said to be heading to that area of the park - although I'm not really sure how Frozen fits in at the theater.

BrerGnat
07-23-2016, 11:45 PM
Doh!

mickeyman42
07-24-2016, 08:50 AM
was skeptical at first but the concept art looks great and the story seems interesting enough. looking forward to hearing that soundtrack blast as you bouce up and down!

texas211
07-31-2016, 06:22 PM
I wonder how they'll work in Frozen into the GotG?

LittleSpirit02
08-28-2016, 05:32 PM
A little bummed to see rumors of MORE Guardians of the Galaxy attractions (Energy Adventure). I still can't help but think they'll date quickly...

Fusillejerry
08-28-2016, 08:29 PM
I'm not against a Guardians of the Galaxy ride somewhere and Ellen's Energy does need some sort of refresh (although our family still enjoys it). However, Epcot is not the place for this sort of ride. I may have an old fashioned mentality, but edutainment is what makes Epcot special and my favorite park.

baldburke
08-29-2016, 02:46 PM
For DHS, GotG does not appear to be heading for ToT... In DCA, yea... DHS not so much, maybe... Rumored spot now is Epcot...

Hopefully the rumored GotG at Epcot isn't just another ToT clone, but instead a new E ticket attraction.

DizneyFreak2002
08-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Hopefully the rumored GotG at Epcot isn't just another ToT clone, but instead a new E ticket attraction.

New... IF it happens at all...

PeterPan
08-29-2016, 10:46 PM
It's official. Unless there is some major intervention, The Tower of Terror will become Guardians of the Galaxy. Take a look at the official Disney Parks Blog. Aaaaaugh!!!

PopPhan
08-30-2016, 09:51 AM
It's official. Unless there is some major intervention, The Tower of Terror will become Guardians of the Galaxy. Take a look at the official Disney Parks Blog. Aaaaaugh!!!

In DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE, not at DHS.