PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - April 30-May 16, 2016

Strmchsr
04-03-2016, 02:11 PM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Saturday pm, April 30, 2016
WDW is heading for a high around 88 today but the humidity is still pretty low so, while warm, conditions won't feel too bad. Plus there's a nice north wind around 10 mph that should keep you cooled off. Isolated storms could potentially pop up today through Monday, but nothing to really be concerned about in the rain department. The high tomorrow and Monday will run 88-90. Tuesday will be a big transition day. By Monday and Tuesday, the upper trough over the Southwest US comes out across the Plains States and brings about a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms on Tuesday. But by late Tuesday into Wednesday, a big ridge develops over the western US while a substantial trough develops over the eastern US. This will lead to another round of showers at some point on Wednesday, but it doesn't look too bad. The high Tuesday will be 85-87 then around 85 on Wednesday. And, really, those highs are the high end look. If rain develops earlier the temp will drop a bit. Thursday through Saturday looks beautiful and cooler, as a result of the trough, with highs around 80 each day, give or take a degree. You could potentially even need a light sweater in the evenings.

Long range...May 8-11 stays dry with highs in the low to mid 80s. Rain arrives with the next front on May 12. May 13-16 then looks dry but cooler again with highs in the upper 70s to low 80s. That seems a little cool for mid-May, but not unheard of. Still, voodooland is constantly changing so, as always, take it with a grain of salt.

Travel Issues :drive::plane:
Minor delays today at Las Vegas with low clouds and Los Angeles with a non-weather related issue. For tomorrow, no major issues but storms could pop up and cause at least brief problems over a pretty big area including TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, TN, KY, IN, OH, WV, VA, and NC.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Turbulent-air-travel-nothing-to-fear-4058671.php) and here (http://www.askcaptainlim.com/-fear-of-flying-flying-48.html) to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

minnie-mouse
04-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Hi Chris, How is this weekend and next week looking?

Strmchsr
04-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Hi Chris, How is this weekend and next week looking?

This weekend and next both look quite nice. Nothing too warm and no major rain chances.

dizneyfreek
04-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Concerned with Wed May 4th! How bad are the rain chances for that day and when, late afternoon? thanks