PDA

View Full Version : Disney College Program and Trip Planning

Jeff G
04-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Hi all! We have exciting news, my DD has been accepted to the Disney college program in Orlando. She will be there from August to January. This has us planning a family trip in October and then likely again in December. The challenge is there is very limited information. It appears that my daughter will receive some great discounts we can use such as room discounts and other benefits. We would like to take advantage but it seems we can't until August. With FastPass+ waiting until August isn't a great option to book.

As we travel plan I was hoping that someone here may have experience with this program who could share tips for my daughter, planning for the trip, etc.

Any tips?

Imalismom
04-03-2016, 03:20 PM
One of my daughters dear friends is in the program now - I asked her and this is what she was able to tell me:

They are pretty terrible at giving information in advance. However, CPs do receive 50% discount on resort stays. We also get 10% discount on tickets to the park. Once you work 150 hours you get 3 one day park hoppers, you get 3 more at 300 and 600 hours as well. We can only book fast passes 1 week in advance on my Disney experience.

Hopefully this is help you a little :)

joanna71985
04-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Congrats to her! I did the CP 6 times- best experience of my life

Jeff G
04-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Thank you!

AJ Springfield
04-21-2016, 06:29 PM
I have nothing to add, but that I am ENVIOUS!!!!! I am hoping that one of my 2 teens will apply and be able to participate when they are in college!!!

#1donaldfan
04-22-2016, 12:11 PM
My oldest DD did the program several years ago and since remains a season employee in entertainment. You will probably have to wait till your daughter gets there and gets through her orientation before you can get any type of discounts. You do get 50% off of rooms and another 10% off that price as well, equating to 60% if the resort is not full, the last 10% does not come off till right at the reservation time, if at all .... we've been lucky enough on several trips to get that. As far as comp tickets or gate passes there are very few she gets yearly ... she used to get a lot more than she does now a days. The budget crunch is evident everywhere. Good luck to you !!!