PDA

View Full Version : June-Aug MK closes at 10p - much earlier than normal - Dis After Hours related?

Biggeek
04-01-2016, 06:39 PM
We go to Disney in early June every year. Looking back past several years typical close hours were occasionally 11, but usually 12 or 1a, with 2 extra magic hours nights a week. I know EMH has changed to just wed nights. but what is up with current summer park hours. Every night from June through August the Magic Kingdom closing at just 10pm!

I thought maybe was due to Disney After Hours thing, but looking through Mar/April (the only announced after hour dates) normal closings is 11p or 12p every night, and even nights the after hours nights it is still open until 11p..

I know occasionally they extend hours beyond 6+ month early published times, but normally they change them 3-4 months early.. What gives?? These are like off peak hour close times.

ftwildernesskid
04-01-2016, 08:20 PM
I noticed the same thing. I really hope they push back the time! The late summer hours is really a bonus that I woud hate to see go away!

Tekneek
04-02-2016, 10:51 AM
I hope this is not due to the "after hours" concept. I imagine it will be increasingly difficult for many people to excuse that away.

andypooh
04-02-2016, 12:54 PM
I would bet that the park ends up closing at 11pm or midnight most of those nights. I have seen them not extend the hours to closer to 2 months in the past. I would be very surprised if the park closes at 10pm (other than maybe a very few nights) during the summer

BrerGnat
04-02-2016, 05:34 PM
I would bet that the park ends up closing at 11pm or midnight most of those nights. I have seen them not extend the hours to closer to 2 months in the past. I would be very surprised if the park closes at 10pm (other than maybe a very few nights) during the summer

This. Disney has been doing this a lot lately. Releasing very short hours only to extend them significantly closer to the dates.

Biggeek
05-01-2016, 01:25 AM
Starting to get a bit worried now. We are within a month of the 10p close times Magic Kingdom starting (and as far as the calendar goes into fall..even on the 4th of July.) I would just suspect they may just be seeing how things are for the summer, but now with the 11p AK nights recently updated I'm not so sure they will extend MK.. I can't imagine how busy AK will be when it's the only park open, plus with all the new attractions / shows starting Memorial Day weekend..

VWL Mom
05-01-2016, 07:38 AM
They recently extended the May MK hours to 11P/12A so June should follow shortly.

Altair
05-01-2016, 07:42 AM
This. Disney has been doing this a lot lately. Releasing very short hours only to extend them significantly closer to the dates.

This is to help you with the planning process. :blush:

waymickey
05-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Maybe it is a way to direct traffic towards AK. They want this to work and with DHS being really a 1/4 day now they need AK to pull in more people at night.