PDA

View Full Version : Crib rental?

NewDVCowner
04-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi All,

I have an upcoming reservation in August which includes my sister and my new niece, who will be five months old at the time of our visit. I believe that I understand that there are 'pack and play's' available in the room (DVC - Beach Club) however I frankly don't know what those are. Is this something that is good for (and safe for) a baby that young? As a follow up question, I know that there are stroller rental companies available, are there any that rent cribs which may be a better option?

Thanks so much!

BrerGnat
04-01-2016, 05:16 PM
A pack and play is a perfectly fine place for a baby to sleep. Some people use them rather than traditional cribs. I know my youngest slept in one for naps from day one until he was almost 3. It is what used to be called a "playpen". It has mesh padded sides and a mattress on the bottom. Sits on the ground and is only slightly smaller than a standard crib mattress. The whole thing folds up into a compact shape for storage. You will find it in the closet. It would be in your best interest to purchase your own sheet as there will not be one provided. They can be purchased for about $10 online or at a place like Target or Walmart. You need a Graco brand standard size pack 'n' play sheet.

BrerGnat
04-01-2016, 05:17 PM
If you want to see one, Google "Graco Pack and Play"

NewDVCowner
04-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Thanks so much. Okay, playpen, I know that one. :mickey: I'll make sure to let my sister know to pick up sheets for it.

Thank you!

Basket Mommy
04-01-2016, 08:21 PM
There have always been sheets provided with the Pack n Plays when I've seen them in our DVC rooms. They usually have a Disney pattern. I know I've seen them sitting on top of the PnPs in the closet.

Edit: I just checked 2 very reliable sources that I use for info a lot. Both confirm that sheets are provided. They are, however, a poly/cotton blend. I have noticed that they are quite pilled, so you might want to bring your own anyway. Just remember to remove the sheet and put it somewhere that housekeeping can't see it, or they may take it with the dirty linens assuming it belongs to Disney.

Simba 1
04-19-2016, 09:58 PM
A couple years ago when my son was 2, we stayed at Old Key West. The front desk asked if I wanted a full sized crib brought to the room as I was checking in. I said sure and they delivered a full sized white metal crib, mattress, and crib bedding (with cute baby Minnie and Mickey design) to the room. It was on rollers and was easily wheeled into our bedroom. So you might want to check with the resort before you rent something. Happy planning!