PDA

View Full Version : Rivers of light preview

Yungbuck73
03-31-2016, 10:14 PM
Taken from WDW news today:

"BREAKING: First “Rivers of Light” Preview April 6th, 2 Probable Nightly Showtimes Revealed

According to an internal document floating around, Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will make its very first performance on April 6th.

The April 6th showing will be for Animal Kingdom cast only. All other Walt Disney World cast members will have access to previews of the show on April 8th, 9th, 12th, and 13th.

There is some sort of “premium” annual pass holder and Disney Vacation Club member preview event being held on April 15th which will hold 4,000 guests, but we expect this to have an added fee (should be announced soon). Two normal AP and DVC preview nights are scheduled right after that for April 16th and 17th.

A press event premiere of the show will be held on April 19th and the show will of course open on April 22nd to all guests.

According to the document, showtimes once the show debuts will be at 8:30PM and 9:45PM nightly"

I saw a similar post about a week ago from another site.
Of course going to be an additional charge We will have to wait and see.

Basket Mommy
04-01-2016, 10:54 AM
I got to see pieces and parts of the show at an event that Disney staged for travel agents on Tuesday in Atlanta, and I have to say, it looks amazing. I'm not sure what you mean by an additional charge, though. Do you mean just for the preview? Because nothing was mentioned about charging for Rivers of Light at the event I attended.

ThanxForNoticin
04-01-2016, 11:45 AM
I hope they make it official soon! I might have to make some quick arrangements to get down there!!! Really looking forward to this new show.....

Yungbuck73
04-01-2016, 11:57 AM
I got to see pieces and parts of the show at an event that Disney staged for travel agents on Tuesday in Atlanta, and I have to say, it looks amazing. I'm not sure what you mean by an additional charge, though. Do you mean just for the preview? Because nothing was mentioned about charging for Rivers of Light at the event I attended.

From what I read it's a paid preview. The 15th limited to 4000 people with a few attractions open and restaurants open, the 16th limited to 8000 with a few quick service food available.

badkitty
04-02-2016, 02:12 AM
I wish I was still an AP for WDW since we will be there for Star Wars half marathon weekend. Such a shame to miss the preview. I don't know when I'd be able to go back (probably not for another year).

Basket Mommy
04-02-2016, 09:12 AM
From what I read it's a paid preview. The 15th limited to 4000 people with a few attractions open and restaurants open, the 16th limited to 8000 with a few quick service food available.

Gotcha. Honestly, I'd pay to see the preview. It looked fantastic. Can't wait to see it when I'm down there at the end of April!

Yungbuck73
04-05-2016, 11:26 PM
From the Disney Parks Blog
The video didn't transfer over but it's on the Disney parks blog site.

"Tue, April 5, 2016
Update on Nighttime Experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Thomas Smith
by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

With the expansion of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, we’re excited to give Guests even more opportunities to celebrate the magic of animals and nature as day turns into night. While we’d hoped to debut these offerings on April 22, unfortunately, they will not open as planned on that date as we give the team more time to bring these innovative experiences to life in a way we know will exceed our guests’ expectations.

We’ll share more information about timing on the Disney Parks Blog by mid- to late May. We checked in recently during rehearsals of two key elements of the nighttime experience at Disney’s Animal Kingdom: the dramatic water and light show Rivers of Light, and the new nighttime magic at the Tree of Life.

This image from a recent rehearsal of Rivers of Light illustrates a bit of the beauty and complexity of this innovative blend of water, light and original music that brings with it so many firsts.

This video of the iconic Tree of Life shows how the centerpiece of Disney’s Animal Kingdom will truly come alive with swirling animated imagery that tells enchanting stories from nature.

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to debuting these new offerings. We hope you agree that they look worth the wait!"

Yungbuck73
04-05-2016, 11:26 PM
So much for the preview nights. Hopefully they will get it right when it does finally happen