PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you choose?

Jeri
03-31-2016, 04:04 PM
We have decided to not do Cinderellas Royal table, and have 2 free credits.
We are going to do the Princess breakfast in Norway, and want Italian.

Part of our group is not real adventurous when it comes to food, but found 2 places that we would be willing to try.
Which one would you choose? Any thoughts or opinions on both would be appreciated too.

Tuttio Italia
Or
Mama Melrose's

BrerGnat
03-31-2016, 04:42 PM
Neither. I would go to Via Napoli or Trattoria AL Forno. ;)

Of your two, I would choose Tutto Italia if those were the only options for Italian.

ThanxForNoticin
03-31-2016, 04:45 PM
If the choice is between the two you asked, I would also say Tutto Italia. But when we look for an Italian meal, we prefer Portobello at Disney Springs. That's a different type of Italian menu, but it's one of our favorite places to eat.

CynBeth
03-31-2016, 05:05 PM
We really liked Tutto when we had lunch there in November.

Itchy
03-31-2016, 05:46 PM
We love Tutto Italia, it is a must for us each trip. Mama Melrose was a complete disappointment as it is more Americanized Italian food. We found the food not that good and our server was terrible.

We are going to try Portobello on our upcoming trip. I guess you see which one we would chose.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Jeri
03-31-2016, 06:27 PM
Neither. I would go to Via Napoli or Trattoria AL Forno. ;)

Of your two, I would choose Tutto Italia if those were the only options for Italian.

I totally didn't see Trattoria AL Forno. I just looked at the menu and I think we are going to try for that one. Thank you for this suggestion. Is this place OK to bring kids? Our youngest is 5, and she has Down syndrome, shes been great with eating out & we take her out if she starts getting antsy.

Thanks for this suggestion!

BrerGnat
03-31-2016, 07:41 PM
I totally didn't see Trattoria AL Forno. I just looked at the menu and I think we are going to try for that one. Thank you for this suggestion. Is this place OK to bring kids? Our youngest is 5, and she has Down syndrome, shes been great with eating out & we take her out if she starts getting antsy.

Thanks for this suggestion!

It is absolutely fine to bring kids there! Actually, it is right on the Boardwalk so it is easy to walk right outside and have a handful of distractions right there if she needs a break. I totally understand...our kids both have autism and although they are older, we sometimes still have some "moments" where they need some fresh air. ;)

akaDisneyDreamer
03-31-2016, 09:05 PM
We haven't tried Mama Melrose yet, but we will be soon, got the dinner/Fantasmic package for our upcoming trip :) However, we really like Tutto Itialia! This will be the first time we didn't get reservations there. We are also trying Via Napoli for the first time. Heard great things about that place!

#1donaldfan
04-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Well, for us ... Mama's was great but tucked into a park that is becoming a ghost town. We LOVE Portebello's at Disney Springs. Check out their menu !!

Arielfan98
04-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Since you said members of your party are not as adventurous, I'd recommend Mama Melrose. Tutti Italia has more sophisticated Italian food in my opinion. Mama Melrose has basic spaghetti and meatballs, chicken parm, eggplant parmesean, and their pizza was good.
Also, I know you said it was only between those two choices, but another basic Italian choice would be Tony's on Main Street. Tony's might be good to satisfy both those non-adventurous and adventurous eaters. For example, I had a delicious chicken Picata pasta dish at Tony's, but they always have the basic chicken parm and meatballs. Plus their pistachio creme Brulee is awesome !!!

Hope this helps :thumbsup: