PDA

View Full Version : Cape May for Dinner

satchel01
03-30-2016, 07:57 PM
Opinions please on Cape May for dinner. My hubby loves seafood and I saw that they have crab legs on the buffet. Is this a good place for dinner?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-30-2016, 08:46 PM
We're in the "it was fine" camp. It was exactly that, fine. The food was fine, there are seafood and non-seafood choices, but it wasn't a stand out meal for any of us.

BrerGnat
03-30-2016, 08:49 PM
I would recommend trying the Boathouse at Disney Springs. They specialize in seafood and for the price you will pay at Cape May Cafe you can have FAR higher quality seafood.

Basket Mommy
03-30-2016, 09:39 PM
It's my husband's favorite meal. He insists that we go every time. It's good. Crab legs and mussels/clams are my favorite. Menu offerings vary per night.

DizneyRox
03-31-2016, 07:31 AM
The food is meh... Not great, not bad... It does cost a fortune!

LandFan
03-31-2016, 07:42 AM
"Meh" was EXACTLY what I was going to say, lol.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-31-2016, 07:58 AM
We thought it was kind of blah and overpriced.

magicofdisney
03-31-2016, 10:42 AM
When the legs are good, they're REAL good. My experience is that doesn't happen often. Otherwise, they're simply, "OK." I only go if we have free dining. For us, it's just not worth the price when it may be hit or miss with the main attraction. Outside crab legs, the other offerings have always been delicious. While the dessert samples are cute and various, they've always tasted like they were stuck in the fridge too long.

mydisneygirls
03-31-2016, 11:03 AM
We love it there. Really enjoy the clams, crab legs, fried calamari and also enjoy the salad bar choices. If you don't like seafood, they have enough non-seafood items to choose from. This is the one place I like to return every year. I would say try it.

#1donaldfan
03-31-2016, 12:13 PM
Gosh, after reading the reviews I am shocked. We have eaten there at least 7 or 8 times over the years and LOVE IT !!! We have never had bad service or a bad meal. The last few years it has become our "do not miss" list of places to eat...... same as Trails End. I will say that it is pricy but what product at Disney for food or otherwise is not pricy?? Well, I know I'll keep going back and can't wait till I can belly up again !!

SurferStitch
03-31-2016, 12:14 PM
DH and I are also in the "it was fine" camp.

Food was good, but nothing stands out in my mind. The snow crab legs were a lot of work for little payoff... difficult to crack (flimsy) and not much meat.

TheDuckRocks
03-31-2016, 02:56 PM
We found this to be a "once and done" experience for our family.

ThanxForNoticin
03-31-2016, 04:42 PM
I have to say that we were very excited to dine there this month with friends. It's tough to say why, but we're also in the unimpressed column. The restaurant is beautiful, and the service was absolutely fine. But we came away feeling the food selections were less than we would've expected for a buffet as expensive as it has become. I know the place was full and people seemed to be enjoying it the night we ate there, but we won't be in a big hurry to go back. The food and the experience just were not that memorable - we'd rather try something different next time around.

Basket Mommy
03-31-2016, 09:50 PM
I think maybe the pricing falls in line with the actual high cost of seafood. Has anyone actually priced seafood at the grocery lately? It's not cheap!

mydisneygirls
04-01-2016, 12:59 PM
I have to say that we were very excited to dine there this month with friends. It's tough to say why, but we're also in the unimpressed column. The restaurant is beautiful, and the service was absolutely fine. But we came away feeling the food selections were less than we would've expected for a buffet as expensive as it has become. I know the place was full and people seemed to be enjoying it the night we ate there, but we won't be in a big hurry to go back. The food and the experience just were not that memorable - we'd rather try something different next time around.

What buffet or TS restaurant at Disney is NOT expensive for the food you get!!!!! Last year we went to 1900 Park Fare and it was outrageously expensive for the quality and selection offered. I think you have to expect to pay just because it's Disney.

Hammer
04-01-2016, 02:03 PM

This pretty much describes my feelings after eating dinner there a 3-4 years ago. The food was fine, but the price was too high for the quality of food served. We aren't rushing back.

What buffet or TS restaurant at Disney is NOT expensive for the food you get!!!!! Last year we went to 1900 Park Fare and it was outrageously expensive for the quality and selection offered. I think you have to expect to pay just because it's Disney.

There are some where you do get value for your dollar. For buffet meals, I would say Boma is a good value for your dollar. I found the quality to be good with a nice variety. Not AAA Four-Diamond, but good and worthy of repeat visits. I usually only go to buffets at Disney every other year, but Boma has been repeated by us for both breakfast and dinner.

WDW-Deano-Beast
04-03-2016, 09:04 AM
I enjoy Cape May for Dinner. It's a laid back atmophere with a variety of offerings. It's a buffet so timing is everything. If you can be in line when the seafood comes out it is always better. It is a little pricey but my family enjoys it and we make a point of going on each trip. We also love the Beach Club Resort and the Boardwalk at night so it just works for us! "O"

ThanxForNoticin
04-04-2016, 12:12 PM

Respectfully, we don't have the same feeling while spending the same money to dine at 'OHana or Boma, for example. And while I understand prices at Disney are going to be high for certain types of restaurants, it's seldom I don't feel we at least received good value for the money we spent. That just wasn't the feeling - in our opinion - when we ate at Cape May.

NewDVCowner
04-04-2016, 12:45 PM
I may be totally wrong, but I thought I had read somewhere that the crab legs were no longer on the buffet, but you could request them seperately. Is that correct or did I make that up in my head?

Thanks!

Basket Mommy
04-04-2016, 04:18 PM
I may be totally wrong, but I thought I had read somewhere that the crab legs were no longer on the buffet, but you could request them seperately. Is that correct or did I make that up in my head?

They are still on the bar, but not every night. I read that same rumor before my May 2015 trip, but they were on the bar when we ate there then.