PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' Refurbishment?

txdisneyfanatic
03-27-2016, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know when Soarin' will be reopening? Everywhere I seem to look says closed thru Summer 2016, but no specific date on when it will reopen? We are hoping it is open during our June trip. Any help is greatly appreciated :mickey:

BrerGnat
03-27-2016, 06:53 PM
I have heard first week of June.

mgmnut
03-29-2016, 08:34 AM
I have heard first week of June.

I just read a post that says end of May or Early June, but that was posted a while back and you know how things can change.

I hope they stay on schedule and have it open for our June 11 -18 Trip. That is DW favorite.

BrerGnat
03-29-2016, 11:34 AM
June 17 is the official opening for Soarin' at Disneyland. It is set to premiere at Shanghai Disneyland on their opening day, June 16. WDW USA parks are set to get it the next day.

LandFan
03-30-2016, 07:08 AM
June 17 is the official opening for Soarin' at Disneyland. It is set to premiere at Shanghai Disneyland on their opening day, June 16. WDW USA parks are set to get it the next day.

You mean Disney World, right? I didn't think California was changing their movie...

BrerGnat
03-30-2016, 11:11 AM
You mean Disney World, right? I didn't think California was changing their movie...

No, I meant Disneyland. BOTH are changing their movies. Disneyland's Soarin has been closed on weekdays for awhile now, only opening on weekends, to prep for the change. It was closed for several months last year to upgrade to digital projection.

I would assume both will start showing the new movie at the same time, and certainly not sooner that Shanghai opens.

LandFan
03-30-2016, 12:29 PM
Oh bummer! I kind of wanted to keep the California one in California as it is so iconic with the orange and pine smell and their signage seemed to have just been redone out there with Grizzley Peak...

Oh well. Glad we rode it again over Thanksgiving!

BrerGnat
03-30-2016, 01:39 PM
Oh bummer! I kind of wanted to keep the California one in California as it is so iconic with the orange and pine smell and their signage seemed to have just been redone out there with Grizzley Peak...

Oh well. Glad we rode it again over Thanksgiving!

I agree with you. I think it is so dumb that DCA is getting the new version. Now it makes no sense, just like it made no sense at Epcot for all those years. :)

Although, admittedly I am happy I can catch the new m ovie without having to go to WDW as I have no real desire to go there at the moment.

BriarRose0708
03-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Aw rats, we will miss Soarin' at California Adventure, only going to be in the park on weekdays. I will have to break it gently to my aviation loving family :(

BrerGnat
03-30-2016, 04:25 PM
Aw rats, we will miss Soarin' at California Adventure, only going to be in the park on weekdays. I will have to break it gently to my aviation loving family :(

There will be quite a lot of rides down the week you will be visiting. Have you seen the most recent list?

MNDisney Dad
03-30-2016, 08:46 PM
Would be nice if, after premiering the new film for about a year, they would have one showing in each theater at DCA and the older one on one screen at EPCOT and the newer one on the other two screens. Kind of like the "Intense/Less Intense" option for MS.

Fangorn
03-30-2016, 09:39 PM
It would be nice if they had the "classic" version available - at least once in awhile. As much as I'm looking forward to a new movie, I know I'd enjoy the original every once in awhile - especially if they have a new musical score with the new movie. Love the music!

Steve

BriarRose0708
03-31-2016, 11:41 AM
There will be quite a lot of rides down the week you will be visiting. Have you seen the most recent list?

Yeah, but Soarin' is the only one I am annoyed about!

EDIT: I am on the Official Disneyland website and it shows Soarin' as open on Thursday, April 28th, so maybe? It can always change.

BrerGnat
03-31-2016, 12:13 PM
Yeah, but Soarin' is the only one I am annoyed about!

EDIT: I am on the Official Disneyland website and it shows Soarin' as open on Thursday, April 28th, so maybe? It can always change.

Maybe! It has been open this week for Spring Break...

RBrooksC
04-11-2016, 08:43 AM
The new Soarin' attraction will not open at any park until the premiere at the Shanghai Disneyland Park. So, if there is a delay in Shanghai, it will delay any opening over here.

BrerGnat
04-11-2016, 11:20 AM
The new Soarin' attraction will not open at any park until the premiere at the Shanghai Disneyland Park. So, if there is a delay in Shanghai, it will delay any opening over here.

I am sure there won't be a delay at Shanghai. They have already pre sold all of their opening day tickets for the 16th. They will not miss that mark.

KAJUNKING
04-11-2016, 11:48 AM
I am very excited about the new soarin in Epcot, I love the original but the film has looked pretty terrible for a few years now.

RBrooksC
04-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Oh, I am sure that this project will not be delayed. I was just adding that the premier of the film over there will affect the premier here since when we get it is contingent upon the opening in the new Disneyland.