PDA

View Full Version : :( Deputies investigating a death at the Contemporary

BriarRose0708
03-23-2016, 02:46 PM
From News 13 (http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/on-the-town/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2016/3/22/deputies_investigati.html?a):

LAKE BUENA VISTA --
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a death at Walt Disney World's Contemporary Resort.

Investigators say they think the person took their own life.

Some viewers called News 13, saying the Disney World monorails were not running because of a crime scene at the resort.

A Disney spokesperson said everything was being handled by the Sheriff's Office. She also said the monorail system was now running.

How awful! I am keeping this individual and their family in my thoughts.

BrerGnat
03-23-2016, 03:17 PM
This actually happens more often than you might think at the Contemporary. Sad though. :(

Terra
03-23-2016, 06:35 PM
So very sad. Thoughts and prayers for the family. My heart goes out to them and to the deceased. May they find peace beyond this life. One of my very good friends and my step mother [both years ago] took their own lives. To be in the depths of that much despair and no one really knowing, must be awful. :(

Arielfan98
03-23-2016, 06:50 PM
I also send my prayers. I hope the family and deceased find peace. Bless them all :(

TheDuckRocks
03-24-2016, 09:37 AM
This actually happens more often than you might think at the Contemporary. Sad though. :(

Natalie, are you saying there are a higher percentage of suicides at the Contemorary than other Disney Resorts?

BrerGnat
03-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Natalie, are you saying there are a higher percentage of suicides at the Contemorary than other Disney Resorts?

Well, I mean, I don't know what statistics are property wide, but I do know that it has happened enough times at the Contemporary that there is a standard operating procedure involving a special tent to conceal the scene of the accident from view by guests on the monorail.

It is one of the only tall buildings with direct public roof access on property, so yeah, it has happened several times.