PDA

View Full Version : Solo trip this weekend - How does my itinerary look?

GeorgeOfTheJungle
03-23-2016, 08:30 AM
I'll be going to WDW tomorrow night through Sunday evening! I've never done a solo trip before (though I've been to Disneyland solo MANY times). How does my itinerary look, especially for this being a holiday weekend (Good Friday + Easter Sunday)?

Thursday - Arrive at Orlando airport at 9pm. Head to Pop Century to check in. Head to Disney Springs or Boardwalk area if it's not too late (Jellyrolls?).

Friday - MK opens at 7am for EMH, so be there when it opens. Spend evening at HS (open til 11:30pm).

Saturday - Head to EPCOT (opens at 9am). EPCOT is open til 9pm, then head to MK til it closes at 12am.

Sunday - AK opens at 9am and I'll stay til around 1-1:30pm. Flight leaves at 6:25pm, so I need to leave resort around 3pm.

​Some questions:

1) How late do the buses run from the Boardwalk area to Pop Century? Or is there not a bus from there? If I plan on going to Jellyrolls late night on Thursday, how will I get back to Pop Century?

2) Is MK traditionally the busiest park on Easter? Is it wise that I'm doing that one on Friday day/Saturday evening or should I move my schedule around at all?

3) Do you have any tips for soloists to make the most of their day?

Thanks!

PopPhan
03-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Buses do not run from Boardwalk are to any resorts. You would go to Disney Springs, then to your resort. Your best bet would probably be a cab at that time of night.

Having done a couple solo trips now, I just try to relax and enjoy the parks. Take a break midday and go back to the room or to Disney Springs. (Personally, going back to the room and getting a swim in is a great relaxer and rejuvenator for me.)

I have never been to the parks on a holiday week/weekend, so I cannot tell you how busy it will be, but expect MK to be the busiest park on ANY holiday, and any weekend in general.

Most of all......ENJOY yourself!!

ThanxForNoticin
03-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Your itinerary looks very ambitious! If you are flying into Orlando from the west coast, I'm not sure I wouldn't look to head to the hotel that first night, get situated, and get some rest before getting up at 6AM the next morning to head to MK! But if you DO go to Boardwalk, I agree that a taxi is your best bet for getting back to your hotel at that point - might cost you a few bucks, but save you an hour of bus travel.

I hope you have done some planning with FP+, and perhaps any dining you might specifically want to do while you're there. A few fast passes each day could make your day a bit more enjoyable. I expect it will be very busy. We were there this past weekend, and some of the wait time at MK were starting to build - most were more than an hour.

I wish you safe travels and a fun, busy weekend!

GeorgeOfTheJungle
03-23-2016, 12:47 PM
Your itinerary looks very ambitious! If you are flying into Orlando from the west coast, I'm not sure I wouldn't look to head to the hotel that first night, get situated, and get some rest before getting up at 6AM the next morning to head to MK! But if you DO go to Boardwalk, I agree that a taxi is your best bet for getting back to your hotel at that point - might cost you a few bucks, but save you an hour of bus travel.

I hope you have done some planning with FP+, and perhaps any dining you might specifically want to do while you're there. A few fast passes each day could make your day a bit more enjoyable. I expect it will be very busy. We were there this past weekend, and some of the wait time at MK were starting to build - most were more than an hour.

I wish you safe travels and a fun, busy weekend!

I'll be coming from Atlanta actually - short flight, no time change. :mickey:

Thanks for the info!

phillydan
03-23-2016, 02:28 PM
I can't comment on the Easter crowds, but I like your itinerary. I did a solo trip a few years back and found that the early morning start was my savior. I got so much done (without fast pass), that I was able to slow down some in the afternoon and gear up for nightime. For your second day, don't underestimate how much walking you will do at Epcot and how it will tire you out before you get to MK late at night.

Some tips: utilize single rider lines whenever possible; stay flexible and be ready to hop into a line as you pass by; try to get into the sit down restaurants even if you don't have a reservation (you may get paired with another solo traveler); explore rides and attractions that you normally skip when you have other travelers with you; enjoy the fact that there will not be a committee meeting over everything you want to do!

Let us know how you made out.

ThanxForNoticin
03-23-2016, 04:15 PM
I'll be coming from Atlanta actually - short flight, no time change. :mickey:

Thanks for the info!

Sorry - just saw you were from LA. A 1-hour flight will be much easier to handle than a 6-hour flight!

I'm sure you'll have a great time. There are some very good suggestions here.