PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs or Old Key West

FenwayGirl
03-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Which do you prefer and why?

Hammer
03-22-2016, 03:55 PM
I have stayed at both places and there are pros and cons to both places. The rooms at OKW are quite large. A 2 bedroom villa is almost 1400 sq. ft.! However, I have found there are some buildings at OKW which are bad locations if you like to sit out on your balcony, as we do, because you border one of the main roads (I think Buena Vista drive). Also, because some of the buildings border wooded areas, we have had "critters" visit our patio, and I am not talking lizards :lizard:! Have not had that issue when I have stayed at SSR. SSR is pretty spread out as well and I tend to get lost coming back to our room from Disney Springs (we were staying in the Springs section).

If I had to give a preference, I would say SSR, just because of location issues I have had at OKW.

CanadianWDWFan
03-22-2016, 04:06 PM
We prefer OKW for the simple reason that the 1 and 2 bedrooms are so much bigger than any other resort. Having the boat service to Disney Springs is a plus that we always enjoy.

ThanxForNoticin
03-22-2016, 04:57 PM
We've also stayed at both and would stay at OKW. The rooms, the "feel", and just the overall amenities at OKW are preferable. That being said, SS has some advantages, too - such as better food selections and proximity to Disney Springs (if you feel you'll be visiting there).

We've never had any issue with the views from the balconies at OKW - we've always had a view of the golf course, which is what a large majority of the rooms have. And maybe we've been fortunate to be on the upper floors more than the first floor, because we've had no "critter" issues either!! But I could see that!

TracyL
03-29-2016, 09:19 PM
I like the vibe at OKW. Both resorts are nice, and OKW in some ways is showing its age. But I concur on the huge room sizes being a nice feature, and I just like the very laid back atmosphere. It feels like it's in the middle of nowhere while still being convenient to Disney Springs and even Epcot and MK. SSR feels a little more urban to me -- more in the thick of things, and more sort of upscale in a "Saratoga Springs" kind of way. OKW has the vibe of Key West. They're both great, and I think it's worth trying both to see which one appeals more to you. Maybe go check out the restaurants or public areas of whichever one you don't stay in, and see if the atmosphere of one appeals more to you than the other.

there are no bad choices!! :)

dumbomydumbo
03-29-2016, 11:21 PM
We stayed at SSR last September. Never again! This place needs to be refurbished. Our couch was replaced 3 times-still felt like you we sitting on floor. The washing machine broke 4 times in 10 days. What a disappointment. Never stayed at OKW.

Crow
03-31-2016, 12:57 AM
in the last 2 trips ive stayed at both by renting points. OKW wins for me. the 1 bedroom was big, had a view of the river. SSR just didnt do it for me as much.