PDA

View Full Version : Week of Memorial Day - Unofficial Event

Euby
03-18-2016, 05:09 AM
Just wanted to share some information. Gay Days will be going on during the week of Memorial Day. This will undoubtedly have an effect on crowd levels. I have included some information below for anyone that wants to avoid the additional crowds (or join them, if you are so inclined).

The host hotel will be the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. This is where most of the parties and events will be. Events begin on Tuesday, May 31st.

Area Theme Park days:
Thursday, June 2nd - Sea World & Animal Kingdom
Friday, June 3rd - Universal's Islands of Adventure & Hollywood Studios
Saturday, June 4th - Universal Studios & Magic Kingdom
Sunday, June 5th - I-Drive 360 & Epcot

faline
03-18-2016, 11:57 AM
This is an annual event. I have been there during this time before. Most of the crowds do flock to the named park of the day.

j2k
03-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Would you say it leads to a large increase in crowds at the park of the day? Would it also lead to possibly decreased crowds at the non-parks of the day?

Is this usually Memorial Day week? Or does it change year to year? We're planning to go next year around Memorial Day and am trying to gauge the impact on crowd levels (if that can be predicted anymore :confused:)

Euby
03-24-2016, 05:58 AM
Would you say it leads to a large increase in crowds at the park of the day? Most definitely.

Would it also lead to possibly decreased crowds at the non-parks of the day?
I doubt it.

Is this usually Memorial Day week? Or does it change year to year? We're planning to go next year around Memorial Day and am trying to gauge the impact on crowd levels (if that can be predicted anymore :confused:)
It's always the first week of June from what I have been told.

j2k
03-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Thanks for responding. I'll have to make note of that when planning/predicting least crowded park of the day.