PDA

View Full Version : Rollaway or cot in All Star Resorts?

We LOVE Disney
03-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Is it possible to get a rollaway or a cot or even just a mattress for the All Star Sports? If so, what is the cost?

BrerGnat
03-14-2016, 10:54 PM
No. There is literally no space for a rollaway in those rooms.

We LOVE Disney
03-15-2016, 09:32 AM
We've actually brought a blow up bed before and it fit. It WAS a little squishy but it saved my kids from having to kick each other while sharing the same bed. I was just hoping to save us from having to bring it again.

BrerGnat
03-15-2016, 09:56 AM
I hear you! My kids want to stay at Pop again but they don't sleep well in the same bed because one is a thrasher. ;) I think we need a room where they can each have their own bed this time.

Strmchsr
03-15-2016, 02:08 PM
We did a small blow up bed, too. It barely fit. No way anything else would but that at least would be an option for you.

BrerGnat
03-15-2016, 04:30 PM
Sleeping bag?

marlyn
03-16-2016, 12:16 PM
I rented a cot back in 2013 when we stayed there prior to a cruise. Luckily it was only for 4 nights. We had to move the table and chairs to the area in front of the window, we put the cot where the table and chairs usually are. It makes the room really cramped. The other issue is that due to the location of the air conditioning unit, it tends to blow down onto the person sleeping on the cot. Not ideal.
We haven't stayed at a value resort since then due to the double beds being just too small.
If I'm not mistaken the cots may be about $15/night....and there's no guarantee you'll be able to get one when you book. You need to request it on Check in.

disney obsessed
03-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Hi. I just did it last week. $10 night. My eldest daughter joined us at the last minute. :). It was tight between the foot of the bed and the cot and you had to watch your toes, but doable. She also thought it was comfy.

eeyoremom
03-16-2016, 09:41 PM
We've done blow up beds at all levels of resort. When not in use you can either put under beds, if it fits, or lean against a wall. We drive, so just take with, but you can also pack one in luggage and just leave and fill luggage with souvenirs. You can buy a cheap new one cheaper than renting a cot and it takes less room in the room, you may have to be creative with blankets and sheets.

We LOVE Disney
03-16-2016, 11:03 PM
Thanks everyone. I might call them and request a rollaway!

We LOVE Disney
03-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Hi. I just did it last week. $10 night. My eldest daughter joined us at the last minute. :). It was tight between the foot of the bed and the cot and you had to watch your toes, but doable. She also thought it was comfy.

I just called them and they said they "have never had cots or rollaway's available at ANY of our resorts" So I said someone just told me they rented one for $10 a night just a few weeks ago and she said "they must have stayed offsite"...

BrerGnat
03-17-2016, 05:20 PM
I just called them and they said they "have never had cots or rollaway's available at ANY of our resorts" So I said someone just told me they rented one for $10 a night just a few weeks ago and she said "they must have stayed offsite"...

Nice. So well informed.

disney obsessed
03-17-2016, 08:52 PM
Call back and talk to someone different.....i was at Sports. They even tried to deliver a second.

We LOVE Disney
03-18-2016, 08:45 AM
Call back and talk to someone different.....i was at Sports. They even tried to deliver a second.

I called again (the main Disney number) and got the same answer of no rollway's. So I asked for the phone number to Sports and called them. They said they DO have rollway's but I can't request one until I check in. And it's $15 plus tax (I guess their prices went up....)

Thanks for your help everyone :)

deedee73
03-19-2016, 01:29 AM
For that price ... I would definitely recommend an air bed. Is this for an adult or child?