PDA

View Full Version : Free dining?

Ratherbe@Disney
03-14-2016, 09:35 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this, but has anybody heard anything about free dining for September? I already have my trip booked but am getting nervous that it might not include my travel dates or resort I am staying at?

Strmchsr
03-14-2016, 09:59 AM
In general when they've announced "free" dining it's come in April or early May. No way to tell if they will or not. You might switch your reservation to Magical Journeys. They'll be able to get things squared away for you if any discounts, "free" dining or otherwise, are announced without any worry on your end.

JanetMegan
03-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Things I am hearing about how booked up Sept. and October are makes me think they aren't going to offer it. Someone said they heard that there isn't single Disney hotel available for 5 nights straight during all of MNSSHP and Food and Wine.

4disneynuts
03-16-2016, 12:00 PM
We booked the free dining for our trip October 1-7 on a bounce back offer that was in our room last September when we went. It has been a long time since I have seen free dining as a bounce back. We had to check in by October 1 as that was the last day for the offer.

I am thinking there won't be any free dining much longer to the general public. We have seen the offer being reduced every year. Mostly they just have a discounted room.

We are hoping they have the free dining bounce back offer in the room again when we go in October for 2017 so we can re-book before we leave. But who knows, we may have just gotten lucky.

Good luck!

JanetMegan
03-17-2016, 10:07 AM
We were able to book ours on a bounce back too and I'm so glad. It's nice not worrying about that stress of if/when on the free dining.

magicofdisney
03-17-2016, 10:50 AM
This is my first year not having a return trip on the books with free dining since we began taking advantage of that offer in 2006. During those years, if we went during September, we had a bounce back offer for the following year for free dining. If we went during November (which became our preferred return time) the offer was room discount only.

All that to say, I believe September's bounce back offer is generally free dining. Other months generally appear to be something other than free dining.