PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to Premier Annual Pass?

GeorgeOfTheJungle
03-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Not sure where exactly this question belongs. I have two upcoming WDW vacations in the next few months, March and May, each for 3-days (6 days total) with Park Hopper. I have a Disneyland Annual Pass that expires in May.

I'm sure I'll be going back to WDW at least once more this year and then to Disneyland quite a few times at the end of the year too. I'm thinking the Premier Passport will be worth it to me. I've already purchased park tickets for my two upcoming trips.

Can I visit the box office at WDW and change my tickets into a Premier Passport? Can they apply my current trip in March AND my upcoming May trip towards the Premier together? Or how else should I go about this? Since I already hold a Disneyland AP (no blackout dates) that will still be valid at the time of my March trip, does that help me any with a discount or anything?

Thanks so much! :mickey:

BrerGnat
03-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Basically, what you would be doing is "upgrading" your current Disneyland Annual Pass. They could apply the WDW tickets to the uograde and you would pay the difference. HOWEVER, what will happen is your Premiere Pass will now expire at the same time your CURRENT DL AP expires (this May). So, for that reason, I would not recommend doing this. Since you already have your tickets for WDW, just use them and then when it's time to renew your DL AP, you can decide if you will visit WDW enough times between May 2016 and May 2017 to make the upgrade worthwhile.

This is the biggest downfall to upgrading annual passes. You don't get to "reset" the expiration date.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
03-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Ok got it. I am thinking of just buying a Premier Passport without upgrading, since it's only a few months until my DL AP expires. So I can apply my park tickets at the ticket booth towards this?

BrerGnat
03-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Ok got it. I am thinking of just buying a Premier Passport without upgrading, since it's only a few months until my DL AP expires. So I can apply my park tickets at the ticket booth towards this?

Yes, theoretically. However, I am not sure if you can have two annual passes for the same park with different expiration dates. This would be a question for the ticket booth people.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
03-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Oohh yeah good point. I guess worst case scenario I buy a new Annual Pass at the ticket booth in May when I have my trip then. My DL AP will be expired by then.

VWL Mom
03-07-2016, 07:54 PM
You would only be able to apply one of your 3day tickets per pass though so you may as well wait until May IMO.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
03-08-2016, 08:11 AM
You would only be able to apply one of your 3day tickets per pass though so you may as well wait until May IMO.

Ok, will do. Thanks for the info!