PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy - sofa bed and drop down bed: Tell me like it is! LOL

DunkinNut
03-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Moving on to how comfortable the kids will be! LOL (Can you tell our sleeping situation is a source of concern for me? LOL)

Now that I'm feeling better about the quality of the main bed in our stateroom - what's the general consensus about the sofa bed and drop down bed?

21 year old daughter will be on the sofa
12 (almost 13) year old son will be on the drop down

Don't want to go in with rose colored glasses - are they horrible? Surprisingly not so bad? My plan: they'll be so tired they won't care! ha!

BrerGnat
03-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Eh, they are okay. The 21 year old might gripe a bit. The 12 year old will probably be fine. The sofabed is more comfortable than the upper bunk but they are both smallish.

CanadianWDWFan
03-07-2016, 01:52 PM
The drop down bed is rated for 200 lbs. The last cruise I think we were pushing it, it sure did creak when my youngest moved. So this time we opted for a Cat 4A with the murphy bed as well as the sofabed since our boys (17 and 12) are 6'5" and 6" respectively and over the bed limit.

As for comfort, my oldest and tallest tells me that it was "ok and comfortable enough, though it could be longer". The youngest liked the drop down bed but did say it was ok as well.

Ed
03-07-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm just shy of 6' and weigh a feather or two under 200# (and a few multiples over 12 years old :old: ) and on one of our cruises I slept in the "drop down" bed. I actually found it rather comfortable. I thought the length was okay, but the width was a bit confining. And with my bad knees, climbing down was a little tricky.

DunkinNut
03-09-2016, 03:41 PM
So thankful for everyone's input!