PDA

View Full Version : CBR Pirate Rooms and distance from main area

Mendelson
03-07-2016, 12:31 PM
Seriously considering the Pirate rooms at CBR for an upcoming trip. We don't mind walking....is there anyone who doesn't mind being so far from the main pool area? I mean, honestly, it doesn't look that far even from the most far-flung room. Maybe a half mile/10-minute walk?

Also, am I correct that CBR renovated with queen beds now in all rooms?

Thanks!

Mendelson
03-07-2016, 12:35 PM
I think I just saw that the pirate rooms remain with double beds. Not good. In fact, I'd go so far as to say, "Arrrrgggghhh."

buzznwoodysmom
03-07-2016, 02:28 PM
You are correct. The pirate rooms did not get queen beds like the rest of the resort.

As far as the walk is concerned. We did not mind it much. It was a 10 minute walk or less, depending on your pace. When traveling with my mom, who has mobility issues, it's way too far. But when it was hubby, the kids and I the walk was no big deal.

Mendelson
03-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Thanks! Given that a preferred room adds about $500 to a week's stay, we might just be walking more.

You are correct. The pirate rooms did not get queen beds like the rest of the resort.

As far as the walk is concerned. We did not mind it much. It was a 10 minute walk or less, depending on your pace. When traveling with my mom, who has mobility issues, it's way too far. But when it was hubby, the kids and I the walk was no big deal.

MrPeetrie
03-07-2016, 03:48 PM
We have stayed there in the past and it truly depends on what kind of person you are. Trinidad South feels like your own private paradise. It is a beautiful location. But there are drawbacks.

It is sort of far from Centertown, but I didn't really mind the walk. Rather picturesque, to be honest. But when we stayed, we had a 2-year-old and were on the second floor. NO ELEVATORS! If we had gifts delivered to our resort, I'd get off at Centertown to grab the packages, while DW would exit at our resort. Then, she'd have to make her way up the stairs to second floor with tired 2YO, stroller, carry-ons, purse, and a 9YO. It was cumbersome.

My biggest complaint was the bus system. You truly are isolated on Trinidad South. It is generally the last stop in the morning and the resort is huge. More frequently than not, the Magic Kingdom morning buses would fill completely PRIOR to our stop and exit the resort at the bridge rather than even stop at our bus stop. Frustrating. There was a CM at our bus stop every morning of our stay, monitoring the situation. On one morning, a dedicated bus was called by CM specifically for just our stop!!!

Wife said, "Never again!" Without kids on a slower-paced vacation, I'd consider the location again.

Mendelson
03-07-2016, 04:19 PM
More frequently than not, the Magic Kingdom morning buses would fill completely PRIOR to our stop and exit the resort at the bridge rather than even stop at our bus stop.

Wow...I hadn't considered that. I think that would infuriate me. "More often than not..." Really?

Mendelson
03-07-2016, 04:31 PM
I suppose one could make the walk to Old Port Royale in hopes of catching a less-full bus?

MrPeetrie
03-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Wow...I hadn't considered that. I think that would infuriate me. "More often than not..." Really?

We were there in October, during Food & Wine Festival. Parks were crowded (as usual.) Morning Magic Kingdom buses were the only transportation issues we encountered. Buses to other parks did not have that same occurrence. We were there for 10 nights, visiting the Magic Kingdom on three mornings. On all mornings to MK we had a prolonged wait for a bus. On one occasion, we received our own "dedicated" bus to the Magic Kingdom without any stops.

Mendelson
03-07-2016, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I may just have uber at the ready.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-09-2016, 07:51 PM
I stayed in a Pirate room last May, and the walk back to the main pool was not far at all....except at night when the sun goes down and your are in a wet bathing suit on a cool May night. But the distance itself was not at all bad, and I make that comment as someone who usually stays at a "preferred" room at Values because I judge the price difference to be worth it for the short walks. But at CBR the walk didn't feel bad to me.

But, no doubt about it, the Pirate rooms are all double beds! Converting those bulky "ship" bed bases to Queen would really take up a lot of space.