PDA

View Full Version : Bed quality on the Fantasy - questions

DunkinNut
03-06-2016, 02:52 PM
I had a friend who cruises a lot and who has been on multiple Disney cruises tell me that although they LOVE Disney cruises - they can't say the beds are especially comfortable. I'm sure she was trying to prep me as she knows that I have orthopedic problems and don't sleep well (in fact I sleep in a recliner a lot at home). But I wondered - is there the possibility that the beds could have been upgraded from the time she last sailed? The info online says it is a Queen Sealy Posturepedic® Premium Plush Euro-top mattress. That doesn't sound so bad....right?

By comparison - we stayed once at the Caribbean Beach in a Pirate room and when we flopped on the bed it was SO hard there was a literal "thud" and it was the worst night sleep I think I've ever had. We checked out the next day and headed to our resort of choice - Dolphin (Starwood) because they have beds that work for my issues. So I'm just wondering if anyone here has any point of reference about how "comfy" the specific beds on the Fantasy are....TIA

CanadianWDWFan
03-06-2016, 02:58 PM
We have been on the Fantasy twice and never have any issues with the bed. We founds them pretty comfortable. In fact we sail on Saturday again on the Fantasy so I will try to remember to post here when we get back. I'll also check the mattress label.

BrerGnat
03-06-2016, 05:46 PM
I sleep on a Tempurpedic at home. The beds on the Dream (same ones on Fantasy) were the MOST comfortable beds I've slept on outside of home. They are much better than the "Heavenly" beds at the Swan, which I was not super impressed by.

Ed
03-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Ditto to the comments above. We have a Sleep Number top-of-the-line bed at home, and I found the beds on Dream and Fantasy even more comfortable.

faline
03-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Never had any problems with our bed when we sailed on the Fantasy.

Basket Mommy
03-07-2016, 10:06 AM
I'm another who sleeps on a Tempurpedic at home. I also have back trouble, and have problems when sleeping away from home. I love the beds aboard the Dream and Fantasy. They're super comfortable.

CanadianWDWFan
03-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Ok, We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and I checked the mattress for you. it is a Sealy "Disney Dream Collection Pillowtop". We found these beds more comfortable than any bed in any hotel in which we have stayed.

DunkinNut
03-21-2016, 09:21 AM
Hallelujah! I'm feeling better about it!