PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Disneyland Resort Sit Down Meals?

Lacy
03-05-2016, 10:11 PM
My son has multiple allergies so we pretty much have to stick to the sit down restaurants operated by Disney for most of our meals. They are so fantastic at accommodating all of his restrictions and we get to talk to the fantastic Disney Chefs!

We visit Disneyland at least once a year so we have been to most of the sit down restaurants but I was hoping to hear what others think the best sit down meal is at Disneyland to see if there is something different we need to throw into the mix on our next trip.

BrerGnat
03-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Honestly, my absolute favorite is Naples. Can't get enough of the pizza there.

Tortilla Joe's is also fantastic. As is Catal/Uva Bar.

I love Carthay Circle and Napa Rose as well, but they aren't exactly kid friendly options.

tinkwest
03-06-2016, 02:21 AM
We like Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian Hotel. I had one unsatisfactory meal there which was quickly made satisfactory by an excellent waiter. All other meals - breakfast, lunch, dinner, buffet, and menu - have been great. When visiting with a vegetarian friend the head chef came to our table to help her plan an entree that would fit her dietary preferences.

Lacy
03-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Thanks to both of you! Usually we avoid the Downtown Disney restaurants because the park and hotel restaurants do such a great job with the allergies but I checked Naples again and it looks like that may be an option and something we haven't done for quite awhile.

Linda - we are doing breakfast at Storyteller's (the only character meal my DS (7) says he still likes to go to). Do you have a strong recommendation for lunch or dinner too?

tinkwest
03-13-2016, 08:38 PM
We have always been happy with our meals at the Uva Bar in Downtown Disney. We like both the food and the people watching atmosphere. Our only bad experience was when it started pouring rain while we were in the middle of dinner (all outdoor seating). Although we have never asked about adjustments to the menu due to allergies, I can hardly believe that it would be a problem for them. In fact, I would think that any table service restaurant at the Resort should be able to adjust menu items to accommodate just about anyone.

Have you tried Carnation Cafe at Disneyland? We enjoy that even more than we used to years ago now that there is both indoor and outdoor seating.