PDA

View Full Version : down sizing reservation

minnie04
03-04-2016, 03:28 PM
I need to take someone off my reservation for Dinner. Can I do this on line? :mickey:

VAdizneefan
03-04-2016, 04:30 PM
If you login to your MyDisneyExperience account, you **should** be able to modify online if you have a 'modify reservation' link beside the reservation you want to modify. Beware that depending on availability, you might not be able to modify the reservation. Depending on the size of your party, you won't be penalized if you show up with one less guest, just notify the staff when you check in that you are one short. This wouldn't be the case for prepaid reservations though so keep that in mind.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Generally no. Once an ADR is booked you have to call to modify it.

If it is just one person, I don't think I'd bother. I'd be too worried about something happening to the ADR as the CM changes it, and rebooks it with the right number of people.

You won't be penalized for arriving 1 short. In fact, since we are a family of three, we sometimes have to book for four to get an ADR at all. We've never had any issues. :)

VAdizneefan
03-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Generally no. Once an ADR is booked you have to call to modify it.

That's actually not the case anymore. Most dining reservations can be modified online now. :mickey:

snowflakegirl
03-05-2016, 05:48 PM
That's actually not the case anymore. Most dining reservations can be modified online now. :mickey:

I can say that I have modified several of our reservations for our upcoming trip using MDE. I changed the date for one, the times for two others, and added a person to one. That said, as others have posted, depending on where the reservation is for and how many people are in your party, you shouldn't be penalized if you arrive with one less.

#1donaldfan
03-14-2016, 01:05 PM
For one person I would not be concerned with changing anything.

mechanic
03-14-2016, 07:55 PM
We had California grill res for 3 on 12/25. Didn't feel like dinner so my son went solo. Had a drink & appetizers at bar. No penalty was imposed.