PDA

View Full Version : Rental car vs. car service/shuttle

Mary Chase
03-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Ok - now with the hotel decision out of the way, wondering what people prefer for transportation. We usually do Magical Express for WDW bc it's free. Occasionally we'll rent a car for a day to do some grocery shopping and to go places where WDW transportation doesn't go. For this trip, the only thing I can see wanting to do is some very light grocery shopping. We tend to eat breakfast in the room, so I like to be able to get some cereal/milk and maybe some fruit for the mornings. I can pack the cereal (although trying to get away from that with baggage fees) - but does Hard Rock or City Walk have a little shop like the Disney resorts do - where you can get some basic grocery items if you need to (1/2 gallon of milk, maybe some produce)? If so - even if it's a bit pricey, it would be worth the savings on getting the rental car and parking.

If you prefer a shuttle/car service - is there a specific one that you use?

Thanks!

mgmnut
03-04-2016, 02:00 PM
We have used Quicksilver Transportation a few times, they are a sponsor here on Intercot. Pretty reasonable rates and they will make a grocery store stop on the way to the resort at no extra charge, just let them know when you book. $125.00 round trip for a town car so just over $60.00 each way. Very convenient and the drivers have always been very courteous in my experience