PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha

sixshot19
03-01-2016, 06:54 PM
We have a trip this May for a week. We usually only hit 4 or 5 table service meals all week, and try and do new ones every year.

My wife really wants to try the Spirit of Aloha show. My question to any that have gone is the show good, and how is the food? We are a family of 4 with 2 eight year old boys, will they have fun?

I have to balance it against other options, as I have to pre pay this one and with currency conversion will cost me near if not more then $300.

Don't mind paying if is a good time, thanks.

faline
03-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Personally, I'd skip it. It's fun but the old luau shows used to be much more authentic Hawaiian than the current show.

We did the current show a few years back and enjoyed it but have felt no need to go back again. You're the only one who can decide if this experience is worth the expense for your family.

Kairi_7378
03-01-2016, 08:28 PM
I have not eaten there, but have heard many mixed reviews from friends and coworkers.

My recommendation would be to visit one of the other restaurants in the Poly, if you have not already.

marlyn
03-01-2016, 09:38 PM
We've been twice. I also have twin boys (I assume yours are twins). First time they were 9, second time 15. We enjoyed it both times. Food was good also. We paid for tier 1 both visits and were right up close so that was good for the boys!
You will find some people enjoy it, others don't...

sorcerer fan
03-02-2016, 10:37 AM
do hoop de do instead !

Speedy1998
03-02-2016, 12:13 PM
WE did it last summer, food was great. Most of the show was meh. The end of the show where they did the more authentic Polynesian dances was good, especially the part with the fire dancer.

#1donaldfan
03-02-2016, 12:35 PM
I'd skip it. We have done it and it was rather dull and boring. The food is 'just ok' but not worth spending that kind of money on. It's outside, underneath a pavilion, with only ceiling fans moving the air and even in May it will be stifling hot there. It was not fun at all.

Scallywag
03-02-2016, 08:21 PM
We have done this twice and really liked it. Tons of good food. Girls in grass skirts for the boys:) And the fire dancer is really cool. I would do it again for sure!

akaDisneyDreamer
03-06-2016, 01:10 PM
We really enjoyed it, thought the food was good and the show entertaining. We're going to do it again this trip coming up.

DizneyRox
03-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Run away, very fast...

Not even Mikey likes this one, and he likes everything...

SurferStitch
03-08-2016, 11:31 AM
DH and I enjoyed it very much. We had Tier 1 seating, and were as close to the stage as you can get.

We loved the food. Everything was fresh and tasty. We are big signature restaurant eaters (Narcoossee's, Cali Grill, V&A, Yachtsman), and we thought the food at the luau was great! It's been several years since we've been there, and will go back again for sure.

deedee73
03-08-2016, 01:12 PM
We enjoy this show. Not my favorite but it is one of my mom's top choices. We always make the most of this evening by choosing the best show time to view the Electrical Water Pageant & Wishes from the beach.

Laughin' place
03-15-2016, 01:44 PM
We were just there for our Honeymoon. I am a BIG fan of Tiki / poly themed stuff, and I had been to the show before (when it was more of a luau).
I would say that the food was good and certainly plentiful, but not as good as Ohana, by any means.
I enjoyed the dancers and "cultural" part of the show, but I'm not sure younger children would. Fire dancer and such would , but the dancing goes on for quite a while, and I'm not sure it would hold most children's attention (of course, you know your kids better than we do...).
The story - line (message about roots and family) part of the story was border-line incomprehensible.
I think Hoop-De-Doo is a better bet for your group, myself.
I am glad we did this, but I am not sure if we would do it again any time soon.