PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Thrills VIP Tour

rjmdds
02-23-2016, 09:44 AM
I realize it is a pretty costly tour, but I was curious if anyone has taken it and whether it was "worth" it. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

faline
02-23-2016, 09:52 AM
I haven't done it but, from the description, it sounds like it's a way to pay to ride all the E-Ticket rides!!

Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour
Hang on to your hats during an unforgettable ride aboard the fastest attractions at Walt Disney World Resort! With the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour, you’re guaranteed an action-packed experience as you take on exhilarating moment after moment, across multiple parks.
The day begins at Magic Kingdom park, where you’ll brave the excitement of select attractions such as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and the rollicking new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train—all with expedited admission.

A little later in the day, treat your taste buds to a thrilling occasion, courtesy of a delectable lunch at a Walt Disney World table-service restaurant—which comes included with the cost of your VIP Tour.

Then, brace yourself—this adrenaline rush is just getting started! At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can take off on attractions like Toy Story Midway Mania!, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.

Finally, go wild as you end your VIP Tour with a trip to Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, where you’ll brave a perilous race through time on DINOSAUR and embark on a monumental adventure rocketing you through the Himalayas on Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain.

rjmdds
02-23-2016, 09:54 AM
Exactly. It sounds like it could be quite a fun day. I was thinking of splurging and surprising the family on our last day with this. Great way to end our vacation by hitting all four parks in style and hitting all the biggies without a wait.

j2k
02-23-2016, 10:48 AM
I've never done the tour and not sure of the cost but reading the description it sounds like lots of fun. I guess it would depend on how many of those attractions you can do. If you can do most all of the ones listed then most likely "worth" it. But if only one then probably not. At least not to me.

Have fun whatever you decide!

WDW-fanatic
02-24-2016, 11:09 AM
We did the Ultimate Day of Thrills tour in August of 2015. We really went back and forth about if it was going to be worth it or not. We booked it and figured we could always cancel it later. We used our Disney Visa to get a discount.

We started the morning in Magic Kingdom. We went on: Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. I think we might have gone on Haunted Mansion also.

Then we jumped in a van where they had cold water and cold towels waiting for us. We headed over to Hollywood Studios where we went on: Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster, Star Tours and Toy Story Midway Mania. The tour includes lunch. Lunch was at Hollywood Brown Derby. We ate lunch after Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster. Then we moved on to Star Tours and Toy Story.

We headed back to the van to go over to Animal Kingdom and went on Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. The tour ended around 4 pm. We finished up a few rides in Animal Kingdom on our own.

Since the tour does not include EPCOT, we made our FP+ selections in EPCOT for that night.

It was really fun. The tour guides were great and we enjoyed chatting with them between rides. We would do it again if we could swing the cost.

ThanxForNoticin
02-24-2016, 12:42 PM
Interesting. How expensive is it? Does it include park entrance, or would it require a park-hopper day on a pass? Thanks!

WDW-fanatic
02-24-2016, 01:29 PM
Disney website shows it as $299 + tax per person. Park admission is required and is not included in the cost of the tour. we were able to get a 15% discount using Disney Visa. It was only offered on 3 days each week.

rjmdds
02-25-2016, 11:21 AM
I just booked it. Everything I've read makes it sound like a fun filled day. Besides Disney Visa, there is also a DVC member discount.

WDW-fanatic
02-25-2016, 12:52 PM
I think the park hopper pass is needed. they scanned our magic bands at each park with a hand held scanner.

j2k
02-25-2016, 12:53 PM
It does sound like a fun-filled day if you can swing the cost. Have fun!