PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful World of Disney: Disneyland 60 Airs Tonight (2/21/16)

Figment!
02-21-2016, 11:02 AM
As part of the second edition in the current Wonderful World of Disney revival, Disney Parks and Resort has announced that Josh Gad will offer a sneak peak into several "rare" Disneyland areas:

Josh Gad will take viewers on a unique tour of Disneyland park, including peeks inside Walt Disney’s private apartment above Main Street, U.S.A., and the Disneyland Dream Suite in New Orleans Square, during the two-hour television special, “The Wonderful World of Disney: Disneyland 60"

The special featuring other celebrity performances and appearances will air tonight (2/21/16) on the ABC Television Network at 8 pm ET/PT as part of the extension to the Disneyland 60th celebration.

MNNHFLTX
02-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Jason--I've got it scheduled to record!

CynBeth
02-21-2016, 02:37 PM
Can't wait!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-21-2016, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the reminder, I would have missed it, and been disappointed. Hope it is great!

NJDad
02-22-2016, 07:32 AM
Dick Van Dyke was great, Harrison Ford seemed like he was in some sort of hostage situation.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
02-22-2016, 08:18 AM
2 hour Disney commercial! A waste of time, except for the Star Wars details.

TheDuckRocks
02-23-2016, 07:45 AM
Well, that was sure a huge disappointment!

j2k
02-23-2016, 10:51 AM
I recorded it and watched it last night. What a bore!! I think I only actually watched about 20 minutes of it.

SurferStitch
02-23-2016, 12:20 PM
DH and I loved it! Of course, the Star Wars stuff was fantastic, especially the music. We also liked Fallout Boy doing "I Wanna Be Like You". They sounded great. The "Step In Time" routine was wonderful, and I'm so glad they had Dick Van Dyke at the end. The Sorcerer's Apprentice segment was nice, too.

Of course it was a commercial for the Diamond Celebration. What did you expect? I just can't be that cynical. I enjoyed it for the musical and dance acts, and for the inclusion of Star Wars.

baldburke
02-23-2016, 12:35 PM
2 hour Disney commercial! A waste of time, except for the Star Wars details.

You've never seen the Disney Christmas parade? I guess the only difference is that they got advertisers to pay for their commercial. Sounds like a win/win for Disney!

BrerGnat
02-23-2016, 04:50 PM
DH and I loved it! Of course, the Star Wars stuff was fantastic, especially the music. We also liked Fallout Boy doing "I Wanna Be Like You". They sounded great. The "Step In Time" routine was wonderful, and I'm so glad they had Dick Van Dyke at the end. The Sorcerer's Apprentice segment was nice, too.

Of course it was a commercial for the Diamond Celebration. What did you expect? I just can't be that cynical. I enjoyed it for the musical and dance acts, and for the inclusion of Star Wars.

Wow, I could have written this response. I feel exactly the same. The Travel Channel did all those Disney Parks hour long specials. I did not expect this to be anything like those.

Lacy
02-24-2016, 10:14 PM
I really enjoyed it! And found it to be much less of a 2 hour Disney commercial than the Christmas Day Parade or whatever they are calling it these days.

I was actually surprised at how little of the parks they showed and it seemed to be more focused on the guests and musical numbers. The Star Wars teaser was fun but didn't learn much. However, we really enjoyed the Star Wars in concert performance.