PDA

View Full Version : Military Discounts

pixiesmimi
02-20-2016, 02:12 PM
Are there military discounts on rooms this spring and discounted tickets? I had heard they started this year in January and would go all year but I don't see anything on here about them.

BrerGnat
02-20-2016, 03:44 PM
Yes, it is called the Armed Forces Salute program. You have to call Disney to book it, it's not available for online booking.

Essentially, you get 40% off rates at deluxe and Villa accommodations. 35% off at moderates. 30% off at Values. Rooms are limited and there are black out dates. (The weeks of March 19-April 2 are the spring black out on both tickets and room discounts.)

The ticket offer is a 4 day hopper for $196. You can add water parks and more for $34. Up to 6 tickets may be purchased. See the details here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets/

These can be purchased on military bases or at the main gate at any of the parks. If you buy them at the gate, sales tax will be added. I recommend buying them from your base in advance so you can make your Fastpass reservations ahead of time.

This year's offer runs until December 19. It has been ongoing for many years now but is never guaranteed to be renewed.

pixiesmimi
02-20-2016, 04:30 PM
Yes, it is called the Armed Forces Salute program. You have to call Disney to book it, it's not available for online booking.

Essentially, you get 40% off rates at deluxe and Villa accommodations. 35% off at moderates. 30% off at Values. Rooms are limited and there are black out dates. (The weeks of March 19-April 2 are the spring black out on both tickets and room discounts.)

The ticket offer is a 4 day hopper for $196. You can add water parks and more for $34. Up to 6 tickets may be purchased. See the details here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets/

These can be purchased on military bases or at the main gate at any of the parks. If you buy them at the gate, sales tax will be added. I recommend buying them from your base in advance so you can make your Fastpass reservations ahead of time.

This year's offer runs until December 19. It has been ongoing for many years now but is never guaranteed to be renewed.

Thanks! We have used it every year and knew last year they extended it to start a program in Jan. but I didn't see it posted anywhere on the discussion boards like there usually is. I just wanted to make sure it was still going on before looking at booking a trip. I usually get my tickets at our local post but book the resort reservations through MJ. Thanks for the updated information.

BrerGnat
02-20-2016, 05:55 PM
You're welcome! I thought we had posted the new offer dates but maybe it is at the end of the previous year's thread.