PDA

View Full Version : Qes: Making a DVC reservation in mid-June for a mid-Oct trip at AKL.... likely?

WiltonJohn
02-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Hi. I am exploring the vague possibility of a small DVC purchase (50 points) on the re-sale market.

According to what I've seen, on the outside, the time from making an offer to closing and getting the membership card back from Disney might be as long as into mid-June (100 days).

Then once I had the membership card, I'd need to reserve a savannah view, deluxe studio at Jambo House (1st choice) for 6 nights in mid-October (during the F+W Fest dates). That would be only about 4 months out from arrival at that point ....... worst case scenario.

We WILL be going in mid-October... for sure. One way or another. So not being able to get the DVC ressie is not an option to say "oh well" over. In a sense it would result in us paying "twice" for that reservation...and it would not be at AKL... because we could not afford the AKL rack rates (by far).

What do you all think is the likelihood that I'd be able to still get that reservation so close to departure?

Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

best,

..................john

VWL Mom
02-16-2016, 02:09 PM
Right now the only thing available for 6 consecutive nights AKL savanah studio would be in the Oct 1-8 or Oct 24 - 31 ranges and we've not even hit the 7 month mark yet so it will be tough. Kidani may be easier to get but F&W usually starts booking up when dates and events are announced.

WiltonJohn
02-16-2016, 03:53 PM
Thanks very much for the fast reply, Lynn. Pretty much as I expected (unfortunately).

I'm really hoping that something might open up there on those original dates. Working on "other potential solutions" that might work out OK too. Might have to switch the trip dates....still can do that a bit. Thanks for the work checking !!!!! Much appreciated.

We may just be joining the DVC as a member after all..... we'll see. Working on the idea. it is not out of the question yet.

best,

.................john