PDA

View Full Version : park ticket

jpmsrivers
02-11-2016, 09:55 AM
I noticed on the Disney site it only shows 10 day or less tickets. What happens if we need a ticket for 11 days? How do I order those?

Thanks for all of your help!

cer
02-11-2016, 10:05 AM
At 11 days, I believe you purchase an annual pass.

That is the point to where the cost of an 11 day and the annual pass intersect and you get more value by purchasing the annual pass.

Once you have an annual pass, you also become eligible to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card and other discounts are also available.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-11-2016, 10:29 AM
At 11 days, I believe you purchase an annual pass.

That is the point to where the cost of an 11 day and the annual pass intersect and you get more value by purchasing the annual pass.

Once you have an annual pass, you also become eligible to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card and other discounts are also available.

You would think that this was the case, but it is not.

A 10-day regular pass WITH TAX is $388.73 (a 10-day Park Hopper is $456.89).

Compare that with the Annual Pass at $797.69!

That 11th day would cost you $408.96 MORE (or $340.80 if you park hop) by using at AP instead of utilizing other methods to get the 11th day.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-11-2016, 10:38 AM
I noticed on the Disney site it only shows 10 day or less tickets. What happens if we need a ticket for 11 days? How do I order those?

Thanks for all of your help!

The answer to your question depends on the details of your trip, but ultimately obtaining an 11th park day will cost you at least $103 to $112. If you truly need 11 days inside one of the four core parks (excluding water parks) then you will have to buy a single-day ticket in addition to your 10-day ticket.

Now there are a WHOLE lot of things to consider if that is what you choose, especially relating to linking the tickets and FP+, some of which I have no clue about really. But what matters first is deciding that your actually need 11 days inside MK/Epcot/DHS/AK, as opposed to spending one day outside the parks, doing things such as water parks of Disney Springs etc.

marlyn
02-11-2016, 10:44 AM
I go to WDW for 14 nights and I purchase a 10 day pass with water park and more as well as park hoppers. I don't add extra days. I just do 10 days in the parks and then do water parks, mini golf, Disney springs etc on my non-park days. It's relaxing and fun to have 3 or 4 non park days at WDW as there is so much to do out of the parks.

deedee73
02-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Why are 14 day tickets available to our overseas visitors but not to us? Just asking. As with the OP I would like an alternative to purchasing a 10 day then an additional 1 or 2 extra days.

cer
02-11-2016, 12:38 PM
You would think that this was the case, but it is not.

A 10-day regular pass WITH TAX is $388.73 (a 10-day Park Hopper is $456.89).

Compare that with the Annual Pass at $797.69!

That 11th day would cost you $408.96 MORE (or $340.80 if you park hop) by using at AP instead of utilizing other methods to get the 11th day.

Sorry everyone for giving incorrect information. Embarrassed.

jpmsrivers
02-11-2016, 12:56 PM
I should have told you up front how our trip is panning out...

We will leave have six days in the park with my daughter and her family. My son will arrive on her last day with his family giving us one day with all of our children and grandchildren. Then we will have 5 more days in the parks with my son and his family. We could not work out a time for us all to be there at the same time with work and all. However, my DH has graciously allowed me the full 11 days to enjoy time with all of my children and grandchildren.

We will definitely take breaks every day with the kids, but love to be able to hit the parks daily with such a short time for each family. We only need two - 11 day tickets. All of our other tickets will be 6 day tickets. :)

Thanks so much for all of the information. We may just wait until a little later to decide on the extra day.

AndrewJackson
02-14-2016, 11:55 AM
Why are 14 day tickets available to our overseas visitors but not to us? Just asking. As with the OP I would like an alternative to purchasing a 10 day then an additional 1 or 2 extra days.

Not positive, but my guess is that oversees guests typically spend a longer time on vacation, and come less frequently. In order to accommodate the longer trips, they allow them to purchase a 14-day pass.

joonyer
02-14-2016, 12:15 PM

Because Disney can sell a lot more AP's or extra days of passes (more profit either way) to its stateside guests by not offering 14 day park passes. I guess we are supposed to feel lucky to be able to by anything other than single day park passes. If Disney didn't think they could make up the extra $$ we save by getting the discounted days that come from multi-day passes on our purchases of lodging, food and souvenirs, they probably wouldn't offer multi-day passes at all.

MNNHFLTX
02-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Because Disney can sell a lot more AP's or extra days of passes (more profit either way) to its stateside guests by not offering 14 day park passes. I guess we are supposed to feel lucky to be able to by anything other than single day park passes. If Disney didn't think they could make up the extra $$ we save by getting the discounted days that come from multi-day passes on our purchases of lodging, food and souvenirs, they probably wouldn't offer multi-day passes at all.

I also believe this is the case. They also started this practice at Disneyland in California, where the limit on multiple-day passes is five days. It used to be that if you were going to be there 7 days that it was just as economical (or more economical) to buy an AP, with now with the increase in AP rates, even that is not an appealing option.

LVT
03-25-2016, 06:22 PM
I also dream of a "length of stay Ticket".
Currently I study the ticket prices and get 2 tickets per person $$$. IE 1 park hopper for 7 days and 1 park hopper Plus water parks for 6 days.