PDA

View Full Version : Transportation directly to MK

NY GOOFY
02-10-2016, 08:51 AM
We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge next month. My family is arriving before me due to an obligation I can not miss. I will be landing at about 9:30am to MCO and would like to go straight to MK to meet them rather than take Magical Express to my hotel and then get on another bus from AKL to MK. What are my options? Can I make my ressie with ME to take me to the Contemporary so I could just walk over to MK? Or will it only take me to my hotel? Do I need to get a taxi or car service? If so how much does that cost??
Thanks

Disney Goof
02-10-2016, 09:09 AM
ME will only take you to your resort, they will not drop you off at another resort like Contemporary if you are not staying there.

Your best bet is a taxi or car service. Not sure what the price would be, but you can look at Mears or also consider Uber which might be your cheapest route.

Enjoy your time and have a Magical Day!!

faline
02-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Correct. Magical Express will only deliver you to the resort where you are registered to stay. You could pay for transportation from the airport to another resort or the Transportation and Ticket Center but what would you do with your luggage? Magical Express will only transport your luggage to the resort if you are actually using the service.

NY GOOFY
02-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Correct. Magical Express will only deliver you to the resort where you are registered to stay. You could pay for transportation from the airport to another resort or the Transportation and Ticket Center but what would you do with your luggage? Magical Express will only transport your luggage to the resort if you are actually using the service.

I wont have luggage. The rest of my family will have already brought everything earlier.

BrerGnat
02-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Do Uber.

Polynesian Dweller
02-10-2016, 10:58 AM
I wont have luggage. The rest of my family will have already brought everything earlier.

So the answer is to take Uber or taxi. ME is licensed as a transfer service not bus service so they can only take you between MCO and your resort.

ThanxForNoticin
02-10-2016, 12:25 PM
If I were in your position - especially without luggage - I would grab a taxi and get a ride to MK. You'll likely get to the park 1-2 hours sooner that way, as you won't have to wait to check in with the ME bus, you won't have to potentially stop at 2 or 3 or 4 other resorts before finally getting to yours, and you won't have to take an additional Disney bus to the MK. If everything is on time, there is a chance that if you are off your plane by 9:30AM, you could be at the T&TC to catch a monorail to the MK by 10:30.... But it might run you and extra $50 or so to do it this way..... Enjoy your trip!

Hog
02-11-2016, 05:45 PM
I don't know if this is a problem at MCO or not but when we were in LAX earlier this month Uber was banned from picking up fairs at the airport. People had to falsely take complimentary hotel shuttles to a hotel they weren't staying at to get an uber. Just something to consider

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

VWL Mom
02-11-2016, 06:21 PM
I don't know if this is a problem at MCO or not but when we were in LAX earlier this month Uber was banned from picking up fairs at the airport.
Currently the only one allowed to pick up at MCO is Uber Black which is similar to a private car $ wise.
Uber X is allowed to drop off there but not p/u.

BrerGnat
02-11-2016, 09:39 PM
I don't know if this is a problem at MCO or not but when we were in LAX earlier this month Uber was banned from picking up fairs at the airport. People had to falsely take complimentary hotel shuttles to a hotel they weren't staying at to get an uber. Just something to consider

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Uber was *just* approved to pick up at LAX, but they only pick up at the departure level, not down on the arrival level.

BrerGnat
02-11-2016, 09:40 PM
Currently the only one allowed to pick up at MCO is Uber Black which is similar to a private car $ wise.
Uber X is allowed to drop off there but not p/u.

I think you can grab Uber X on the departure level at MCO. That seems to be how Uber is handling airport pickups now.

SBETigg
02-11-2016, 10:44 PM
No idea how much Uber will cost (I love Uber) but when I've taken a cab-car service in the past it ranged between $45 and $65, before tip.

krysseijo
02-13-2016, 10:13 AM
A metered cab is most likely the only option, also the quickest. @SBETigg is completely right, a cab will run you about $65 and uber is not allowed at MCO as of now. That would have been a much cheaper option. If you walk over to the hotel at MCO, you can get Uber from there. Might be a good option considering cost, and you won't have luggage anyway.

BrerGnat
02-13-2016, 11:14 AM
A metered cab is most likely the only option, also the quickest. @SBETigg is completely right, a cab will run you about $65 and uber is not allowed at MCO as of now. That would have been a much cheaper option. If you walk over to the hotel at MCO, you can get Uber from there. Might be a good option considering cost, and you won't have luggage anyway.

Uber X IS allowed to pick up at MCO. It is listed on Uber's website. This is a recent development.

And you are correct that you can get an Uber ride from the Hyatt MCO at their main entrance. It's really a very short walk to the hotel from inside the airport. That is a great option.

BrerGnat
02-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Oops, my bad. It is just Uber Black allowed at MCO. I confused that with Uber X.