PDA

View Full Version : Gift cards/Disney reward cards and sit down restaurants

mandaep
02-07-2016, 08:20 PM
Are you able to use your gift card or disney dream dollar card for sit down restaurants and can you put a tip on them? I have been saving them up and I didn't even think about it.. The sit down restaurants are going to take the majority of our budget. :mickey:

NewDVCowner
02-07-2016, 09:37 PM
When I was there in January we were able to use gift cards for meals and were able to pay tips with them.

Butters
02-08-2016, 10:16 AM
You can use both... Although we've found it easier to charge everything to our room, and before we check out we pay off our room balance with any gift cards and rewards dollars we have.

That way I'm not carrying a bunch of cards around, and trying to remember balances.

mechanic
02-08-2016, 07:46 PM
You can use both... Although we've found it easier to charge everything to our room, and before we check out we pay off our room balance with any gift cards and rewards dollars we have.

That way I'm not carrying a bunch of cards around, and trying to remember balances.

This soundslike a great idea. Should make it a lot easier for everyone.

eeyoremom
02-09-2016, 08:39 AM
We always charge to room. I like that you then get a copy at end of trip that says everything you spent. Easy to help decide if dining plan would have been better. So far--it has always been cheaper to pay out of pocket with a room discount. Just take whatever gift cards, etc you have to front desk sometime before the last day and pay on your account, the rest will go on credit card on file. Very, very easy and just use magic band. I still carry ID, that's about it.