PDA

View Full Version : Best refillable water bottle??

Genie1953
02-04-2016, 12:02 AM
Can anyone recommend a good refillable water bottle to carry in the parks. We normally use the hard side Brita water bottles which work well here at home and work but are too bulky to carry in a drawstring top backpack at the parks. Any suggestions?

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-04-2016, 09:15 AM
This doesn't entirely answer your question, but it is the reason why we don't carry water bottles in the parks at all. Every CS restaurant (actually, any place with fountain drinks) will give you a cup of water and ice for free. We use this a lot while at Disney, getting cold (and filtered) water when we need it, and saving the lugging of the bottles.

For our regular water bottle use, we are Kleen Kanteen fans, although may be also too bulky for the parks. Could you use a collapsible water bottle?

BrerGnat
02-04-2016, 10:01 AM
I just bought a soft plastic Brita water bottle at Target for this same reason. I have a hard plastic Camelbak one but it is heavy when empty and more so when full. I haven't used the new soft bottle yet but I plan to use it at Disneyland primarily. They were on sale at Target...a two pack for $13.50. They are 20oz each and have a sport top (pull spout) but a wide mouth so you can put ice inside.

Genie1953
02-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Thanks BrerGnat! Great idea!

Genie1953
02-04-2016, 01:17 PM
This doesn't entirely answer your question, but it is the reason why we don't carry water bottles in the parks at all. Every CS restaurant (actually, any place with fountain drinks) will give you a cup of water and ice for free. We use this a lot while at Disney, getting cold (and filtered) water when we need it, and saving the lugging of the bottles.

For our regular water bottle use, we are Kleen Kanteen fans, although may be also too bulky for the parks. Could you use a collapsible water bottle?

Another great idea! That might work better but I do like to have a bottle of water close at hand if waiting in a particularly long line...might have to try it on our trip but also have water bottles at the hotel in case I find it doesn't work out. It would certainly save having to carry the water bottles around all the time.

BrerGnat
02-04-2016, 02:22 PM
I never rely on the free water. I mean, I get a cup with my meals but you can't just walk up to the counter. You have to wait in line and actually "order" it. Takes longer than its worth, IMO.

Genie1953
02-04-2016, 11:58 PM
I never rely on the free water. I mean, I get a cup with my meals but you can't just walk up to the counter. You have to wait in line and actually "order" it. Takes longer than its worth, IMO.

So true...my husband and I were just talking about that tonight....we would not want to wait in long lines to get water for sure. We are going to take water bottles with us into the parks and use them and refill as needed. I also saw something about Bobble Water bottles today too. Wondering if there are ever any issues with those leaking.

deedee73
02-05-2016, 01:23 PM
We have the light weight plastic brita bottles with the personal filters. We bought ours at target on sale but I saw that they were available on amazon & at Walmart too.